Building, and I mean building a 6.0?

Sure sounds like alot of R.P.M. it also doesn't sound like it has very much torque. It can barely spin the tires at the end. The pan hits and it just dies. Also it doesn't seem to have much track speed for that much rev. Kinda of like he only used 2nd gear.

hpprose said:
The 6.0's have a very strong block. Ford/Navistar put in a girdle, so no need to.

Strong lower end...but the block is like paper when a chunk of rod hits it. LOL

lubeowner said:
Sure sounds like alot of R.P.M. it also doesn't sound like it has very much torque. It can barely spin the tires at the end. The pan hits and it just dies. Also it doesn't seem to have much track speed for that much rev. Kinda of like he only used 2nd gear.

You are right!

I like the way your truck runs better any way. Seen your vid looked pretty good. Wish the camera guy would have got a better vid, but from what I saw it looked good :)

Six_leaker said:
You are right!

I like the way your truck runs better any way. Seen your vid looked pretty good. Wish the camera guy would have got a better vid, but from what I saw it looked good :)

BBunting is good for buiding strong powerstrokes, but I guess not good for running a camera.

My buddy who also videoed this pull has the camera stop working at about the 100 ft mark.

well figured out the cam i had in it wont work! wont trap the air and the fuel at the right time causing it to fall flat on its face as soon as i came off the clutch i tried 5th low 4th low 3rd low and 1st high and couldnt get it made 70lbs of boost on the line then lost everything fast! so tearin down and puttin the old one back in that worked last yr and trying to make a pull thursday then hopefully stonesboro sat.

All caught up said:
well figured out the cam i had in it wont work! wont trap the air and the fuel at the right time causing it to fall flat on its face as soon as i came off the clutch i tried 5th low 4th low 3rd low and 1st high and couldnt get it made 70lbs of boost on the line then lost everything fast! so tearin down and puttin the old one back in that worked last yr and trying to make a pull thursday then hopefully stonesboro sat.

Sounds to me you picked the wrong turbo!!!!

Back