Issue with my 6.0... already!

weazel

5th gear killer
just installed a Dfuser on my new to me truck and it ran great! i was pleased with the small gain it gave the truck. well the next day i fire the thing up and i make it about 8 miles from the house and the truck starts to surge real bad. so i whip a u turn and head back home and pick up the CR.. went ahead and pulled the Dfuser out completely and drove the truck without it. it seemed to run fine until i made it the same distance again. except this time, it was wayyy worse, and the closer i got home, the less power it had.. i have noticed that while idling, the turbo whistles way more than it has before. i took it to oreillys and tried to pull codes with their scanner, but it didnt show any. so i limp the truck back home. it seems to me like the vanes are sticking or the solenoid on the turbo is shot. sorry for the long post, but does anyone have any ideas if im on the right path to figuring this out? or is it something else??

I believe the one I got was the Steroid.. But yeah it's not going back on! What do you think it may have done?

you need to get some type of scanner tool to datalog the truck..need to check the ICP pressure, desired and actual.. Like I said that ICP is ver very finiky and any kind of mods to that can kill it.

If it were your VGT solenoid you would be smoking black alot and you would be able to hear the turbo opening and closing or see on a boost gauge the needle will bounce. If its the actual veins sticking it would be pouring black smoke..

Surging, alot of times is ICP

Ok, I'll see if I can sweet talk the local dealership into scanning it for me.. Man if I would have known the dfuser was going to kill sensors I wouldn't have got it LOL

yea..if you could get them to datalog it with their IDS you would be way ahead of the game..not just scan it.,,ask for a datalog and they will probably be able to tell you exactly what the problem is.

And for the record, SCT for the win when it comes to a 6.0!

geez i talked to the service guy today and he told me that it would take anywhere from an hour to two hours to test it, and they charge 75$ an hour! i think ill just replace the ICP and see what happens lol.. has anyone replaced the injection pressure regulator?? i talked to Bill at Dfuser and he told me that it was probably that that is causing the issue. he thinks it may stick open.. but the truck only surges and runs like crap when its totally warmed up..

looking on fleebay, it ranges from like 75$ to 150$.. i tried ordering one from oreillys at 130$, but the threads on the sensor were fine threads and way smaller than the sensor's that i pulled out of the truck..

yeah true... i was looking at the ford to IH cross reference number sticky awhile ago, what is the website i can go to to see what prices are from IH? maybe after getting the truck looked at, i can save some cash going with some IH parts lol

ok stuck a new ICP sensor in and the truck still acts up. but this time evrytime it surges, it spits a buttload of smoke out... could this be the vanes sticking?

SO yeah you should go get it data logged man, you can throw money at it blindly all day but you might as well help your wallet and make sure you actually fix it.

alright, she's at the dealership getting scanned and logged.. Man it started running horrible last night so I def called and got it in this morning! We shall see what's wrong...

Just got a call from the ford house and he said the obd2 port is not communicating so they'll have to get into the engine bay. But they can't do it today and I'll have to wait till next week.. Just a thought but could this maybe be a computer issue? Or is it common for these trucks to do that?

Just got a call from the ford house and he said the obd2 port is not communicating so they'll have to get into the engine bay. But they can't do it today and I'll have to wait till next week.. Just a thought but could this maybe be a computer issue? Or is it common for these trucks to do that?

It's common for 6-slows to do that and more.........sorry, I had to...:hehe::poke:

Hopefully you get it fixed!

There is a Ford reflash that is taking out the FICM on these trucks but its mainly seen in the colder climates. There is also a fuse that if its blown will not let that PCM and Fords computer talk to eachother but if its a dealer I would suspect that they would know enough to check it.

It's common for 6-slows to do that and more.........sorry, I had to...:hehe::poke:

Hopefully you get it fixed!

haha i was waiting for that!!

ok they were able to get back to my truck for a few minutes and pull some codes... last night i had unplugged the MAF sensor, the VGT solenoid, and ive had the EGR unplugged for awhile now.. here are the codes they got so far:

P0046
p0113
p0102
p0403
p0405
p0603
p0683
p132B

Back