Issue with my 6.0... already!

So did they not tell you what the codes mean? I would think they have a copy of the list.

they did give me a brief description of what they were, and it seams like every code had a PCM bad at the end of the codes description

ok i stopped by the dealership today and talked to the mechanic that is working on it. he keeps getting the MAF voltage low DTC. he cleared all the others but cannot get rid of this one.. he wants to try to finish a test to determine if the turbo is the culprit, but cant get past the bad MAF.. he also told me that over the years hes been working on diesels, he has never had to replace a MAF on a 6.0 :confused: my first step if i was working on it would be trying another sensor, but thats just me.. i dunno, what do you guys think? they are thinking the turbo may be going, but im stuck on thinking its a bad MAF..

well i waited all day friday for a report, and they didnt even look at the truck! i was fed up so i just went and paid them for what they did/didnt do... trucks sitting in front of the house now.. im going to attempt to pull the turbo and clean the vanes.. is there a post somewhere on here about how to pull one of these turbos?

ok, swapped out the MAF sensor and that helped out tremendously! but it still shifts reallly funny.... while driving the truck, the "on" light for the tow/haul on the shifter kept flashing at me. what could that mean??

ok, got to clarify a little... the shifts are really sluggish. the turbo is whistling purty loud. the motor acts like it wants to run, when before it just fell on its face, and it seems like the transmission just doesnt want to act properly..

oh please dont tell me that LOL! but i did get the batteries in to oreillys and they tested them and they tested good. just got the alternator pulled off, so im going to take it in in the morning to get it tested too..

oh please dont tell me that LOL! but i did get the batteries in to oreillys and they tested them and they tested good. just got the alternator pulled off, so im going to take it in in the morning to get it tested too..

LOL I heard two stories of tow/haul lights flashing in a 6.0. They both ended with a new transmission lol.

the flashing light of death....
2 times the tow/haul flashed on my truck, both times the trans was toast. Is reverse gear taking a long time to engage? Shifts also lack the snap, almost feeling like a slipping clutch after the shift. Also had 1 that got so hot the T/C was siezed in the trans but it never tripped the light. Good luck.

Pull the EGR valve out and clean it. Dont get any cleaner in the little hole in the top. It sounds like The valve is open a little. Next step would be to follow the wires from the exhaust pressure sensor from the sensor back. They might be chaffed a little and causing the turbo to close down. You aren't getting codes because its doing what its supposed to do.

Just a thought...... we had a Ford at the shop I work at come in with the tow/haul light flashing. Turns out water got into the range sensor connector on the side of the transmission and shorted out some wires. Cleaned the connector and put dielectric grease in there and it was fine.

Oh. Send that module back to Dfuser. Tell him to keep the money anyways and use it to produce something that can program a computer with a file that has the ability to shut off EGR and recalibrate the transmission control module.

i believe im going to do that.. or at least credit me some money towards an SCT or something! oh and on the EGR valve, i have pulled it twice and checked it out. with the valve, its really easy to open. is it supposed to be that easy to open? it just seems to me that when i boost say around 5-10 lbs, i would think that its opening the thing already? or is it supposed to open around that?

You have to remember you have exhaust pressure on the other side as well.

ok.. this EGR stuff is all new to me, im still trying to learn how it all works lol..

well the alternator tested good..

How about a voltage drop test across the wire from the alternator to the battery. It has a few fusable links in it. You can loose a couple of them and then get crappy charging from the alternator. Just a heads up.

Back