prototype head gasket installed

In theory it should be better than stock. However, without having a groove so the ring cannot push out it's kinda a waste IMO. I like the idea of people trying new things. However in this case if you're making the kind of power / boost that you need to do this, then do it with a groove so it lasts .

How's your hg holding up?

his blew but he said it was because the machine shop didnt deck his head correct, my second gasket blew tonight so I will be going to a stock gasket and 625s this time, I gave it two chances to work and it didnt so I am moving on to proven combos.

as nic said it didnt even hold up to anything once i actually started driving, but it did turn out that the last machine shop i had deck the head didnt do the finish on it that was needed. All signs said the gasket did what it was supposed to and believe it would have held better with good surfaces.

im running vulcan hg with o rings and 425s and it seems to be holding great for about a month now and a one good pull with my 38' toy hauler thats about 20 k or so stock turbo right now but im workin on getting it off i have compounds in the shop (not installed)but have decided to go with a 66 instead of compounds

Back