Best Everyday P-7100 tweaks on the cheap

you already have one. it is the bolt that holds the fuel return line to the pump. it has a spring and seat inside it to control fuel pressure in the pump. take the spring out and strech it or add a stiffer spring to make more fuel pressure.

i pulled the bolt, there was nothing inside, no ball or spring, in the bottom of it, it looks like there was something sitting there at one time....... :bang

Order a new OFV...

Over on another diesel forum, they seemed to preach the OFV replacement pretty heavily, as a 'maintenance' replacement, almost.
Here, I don't see that hardly at all.

Is there a particular reason to replace it, if there are no symptoms? just curious.

Over on another diesel forum, they seemed to preach the OFV replacement pretty heavily, as a 'maintenance' replacement, almost.
Here, I don't see that hardly at all.

Is there a particular reason to replace it, if there are no symptoms? just curious.

You would have to check fuel pressure to know if there was a problem. A lot of guys here are removing it and running a regulator at higher pressures. You can stretch the spring inside it to increase pressure.

Back