Best Everyday P-7100 tweaks on the cheap

:bow: We need a good thread on the great budget p-pump mods that one could do and still have a great everyday muscle truck that pulls or races everynow and then:ylsuper: :woohoo:

What would you suggest??
Grind your own plate?

Springs?

Adjustments?

All of the above ? And what else?

:dead-horse-fast2::woohoo:

LOL! look at this post and then look at that sig!!! :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Ok i am confused if the afc foot is gone is a rack plug needed? i just purchased one and my foot is out and if it does no difference im gonna be upset lol:bang

swap_006.JPG

swap_008.JPG

swap_011.JPG

So you ground the afc foot to be parallel with the back edge? Did you grind the front edge of the barrel so it doesn't hit the housing?

Is the stock afc spring too stiff for effective preboost fuel tuning?

I'm considering pulling my plate but I'm pretty sure that I want Some kind of preboost fuel control. I don't want to bog off the line but a little smoke is ok. With the plate pulled in my 180hp pump, the afc foot/arm will be the next limiting factor under full throttle, yes? That's when I should look into grinding the afc foot and barrel? I'm not planning on opening up my timing case, so will that mean the Mack plug isn't something I should order?

Right now, Ive got all the smoke down low but it clears up at full boost. I'm wondering if getting enough fuel for a slight haze at wot/top end will be attainable on the stock turbo @ 38psi and stock inj/dv.

So you ground the afc foot to be parallel with the back edge? I did but it's not necessary.Did you grind the front edge of the barrel so it doesn't hit the housing? Yes

Is the stock afc spring too stiff for effective preboost fuel tuning? That depends on many things.

I'm considering pulling my plate but I'm pretty sure that I want Some kind of preboost fuel control. I don't want to bog off the line but a little smoke is ok. With the plate pulled in my 180hp pump, the afc foot/arm will be the next limiting factor under full throttle, yes? YesThat's when I should look into grinding the afc foot and barrel? I'm not planning on opening up my timing case, so will that mean the Mack plug isn't something I should order? You don't have to get in the pump to change the rack plug. Don't buy one, add a flat washer to what you have.

Right now, Ive got all the smoke down low but it clears up at full boost. I'm wondering if getting enough fuel for a slight haze at wot/top end will be attainable on the stock turbo @ 38psi and stock inj/dv.

Never tried running a stock turbo so I can't answer that.

So much info. My head is is spinning trying to digest this stuff. I'm a visual person- can anybody point me in the direction of some good exploded diagrams that correlate to plate position and AFC arm position/function?

thanks

ok so this overflow valve... im still trying to get more info about it.. where's it go and whats the advantages of getting one??? and what are your guys 1/4 mile times with a stock trans???

FINALLY! After a couple of days of reading and lookin at pics im finally understanding how to tune these pumps(think my head is about ready to explode with so much info). Thanks to everyone who has helped out!

StainlessRRA posted a link to these in another thread. I forgot about them till I saw it.
Thanks to: dieselminded :: AKA Chad Embrey

Aneroid
p_pump01.jpg

Fuel Plate
p_pump02.jpg

Governor Arm
p_pump03.jpg

Governor Spring Cover and Throttle Cable Connection Point
p_pump04.jpg

Governor Springs
p_pump05.jpg

Pump Cam
p_pump06.jpg

Delivery Valves
p_pump07.jpg

p_pump08.jpg

p_pump09.jpg

Last edited:
ok so this overflow valve... im still trying to get more info about it.. where's it go and whats the advantages of getting one??? and what are your guys 1/4 mile times with a stock trans???

you already have one. it is the bolt that holds the fuel return line to the pump. it has a spring and seat inside it to control fuel pressure in the pump. take the spring out and strech it or add a stiffer spring to make more fuel pressure.

They're great pictures, I look through it almost everytime I do any minor pump work. I'm glad he's got it all in one place for us!

Back