2010 Keystone Nationals

I might make the trip up again this year to watch the pulls at least me knee won't be all jacked up and i'll be able to walk around more.

Lets hope they do something about the payouts or i may sit this one out. $150 to register and i won and i got $180 for first

Last edited:
I'll be watching, I wanted to pull there while watching the last 2 years, but I don't have what it takes to be competitive not to mention the cost of entering and building a smoke tube...

I will be watching and the camera will be there. Hopefully I get the same spot that I had last year to video from. If you are hooking there look me up if you want a video. As of now I will just be there for Saturday Morning although if time and money allows I will go the whole weekend.

I'll be watching, I wanted to pull there while watching the last 2 years, but I don't have what it takes to be competitive not to mention the cost of entering and building a smoke tube...

x2! i think ill just wait till the next weekend and go to the test n tune in tuckahoe for my first hook of the season.

was thinking I might pull if the truck is done, but not if purse doesnt get any better. 30$ to win??:bang

your're kidding??? maybe they forgot to put a zero in. i bet those payouts made scheid real happy.

Saddly no thats what i got. they were talking about putting 2 sessiones and a final in for us this year but that got shot down and they said payout wont be any worse then last year, yippie! As soon as i hear i will post the purse but im not holding my breath for any more money.

did you get a legal hitch made or are you still just raising it after weigh in he he he remember there are eyes everywhere A high hitch doesn't always help good luck

Lets hope they do something about the payouts or i may sit this one out. $150 to register and i won and i got $180 for first

wooooooooooow!!!!!! talk about getting screwed, ive made over 200 at local pulls before, anyways ill deffently be there to watch then always a fun time

Saddly no thats what i got. they were talking about putting 2 sessiones and a final in for us this year but that got shot down and they said payout wont be any worse then last year, yippie! As soon as i hear i will post the purse but im not holding my breath for any more money.

Here I thought the payouts were pretty good considering what it cost just to watch. :bang

now now boys after all it is the nationals wait a minute that doesn't sound right you would think the keystone nationals would pay the most.

I've gone to a few of the pullers meetings and from what I've gathered the keystone nationals did not draw a big enough crowd on a few of the nights last year and the money was spread very thin.. The biggest cost is building rental then there is extra insurance that must be purchased for that facility...all help and track equipment is donated. If it drew a crowd every night like was there saturday night last year, there would not be an issue with having a bigger purse...last year was better than the previous year (which was the first year) and if it keeps drawing more interest as the years go on there will be a larger purse.

I've gone to a few of the pullers meetings and from what I've gathered the keystone nationals did not draw a big enough crowd on a few of the nights last year and the money was spread very thin.. The biggest cost is building rental then there is extra insurance that must be purchased for that facility...all help and track equipment is donated. If it drew a crowd every night like was there saturday night last year, there would not be an issue with having a bigger purse...last year was better than the previous year (which was the first year) and if it keeps drawing more interest as the years go on there will be a larger purse.

My complaint is they run 10 different tractor classes that all get numerous sessions that get paid their full purse for each session. So let take the great Mod Turbo class, had a hook in each session at a purse of $1800 for each session and only had 9 tractors compete in each session plus they got a finals. Then you have us who had 19 sign up in the class and we go our 1200 purse that was spread over how ever many trucks were there cant remeber the total number. So instead of paying more to the classes they already have they drop a gas class and add another tractor class. We will never win with tractor guys running the show. So im probally not going to run there, i would rather wait till June and run NADM's hook in Ohio were we are wanted then run for free here at keystone, Hell ive run for free around here more then anybody trying to get the diesel trucks reconized and if i wanted to continue i could go out in the feild and hook it to a tree to get my fix and wouldnt have to spend all the money

My complaint is they run 10 different tractor classes that all get numerous sessions that get paid their full purse for each session. So let take the great Mod Turbo class, had a hook in each session at a purse of $1800 for each session and only had 9 tractors compete in each session plus they got a finals. Then you have us who had 19 sign up in the class and we go our 1200 purse that was spread over how ever many trucks were there cant remeber the total number. So instead of paying more to the classes they already have they drop a gas class and add another tractor class. We will never win with tractor guys running the show. So im probally not going to run there, i would rather wait till June and run NADM's hook in Ohio were we are wanted then run for free here at keystone, Hell ive run for free around here more then anybody trying to get the diesel trucks reconized and if i wanted to continue i could go out in the feild and hook it to a tree to get my fix and wouldnt have to spend all the money

Jeremy, I now understand where you are coming from...I had forgot some of that (tractor) detail. I don't blame you one bit.

did you get a legal hitch made or are you still just raising it after weigh in he he he remember there are eyes everywhere A high hitch doesn't always help good luck

I have no idea what your talking about,me and and one of my friends bought the truck in my avtar last spring,and it had a drawbar hitch.Mebe you should get your eyes checked:bang

Back