2010 Keystone Nationals

The deal is in the east here is the tractor guys think they are doing us a faver by just leting us hook.But anymore I think the diesel pickup class has a pretty big fan club, I think we could have a little more respect.Didnt get me wrong I love the tractor classes too, been watching them for 25yrs and still like it.

Guys, this is the reason the Diesel guys split from the gassers and tractors, if they run the show, the Diesel guys will be treated like poop.

Think about that, the next time you decide to go hook at a big name tractor pull, instead of a Diesel truck event.

That said, keep in mind the Keystone event in March was thought up and the risk taken by tractor guys, Forrester New Holland, so you should be thankful they even let trucks in the door. Its a good event.

NADM has set up a booth both years, and are planning on setting one up this year, along with Diesel Rx, Airdog, and the Monster truck.

Get everybody who is entered tell Forrester you want NADM to co sanction the truck class and we will see what we can do for you.

Guys, this is the reason the Diesel guys split from the gassers and tractors, if they run the show, the Diesel guys will be treated like poop.

Think about that, the next time you decide to go hook at a big name tractor pull, instead of a Diesel truck event.

That said, keep in mind the Keystone event in March was thought up and the risk taken by tractor guys, Forrester New Holland, so you should be thankful they even let trucks in the door. Its a good event.

NADM has set up a booth both years, and are planning on setting one up this year, along with Diesel Rx, Airdog, and the Monster truck.

Get everybody who is entered tell Forrester you want NADM to co sanction the truck class and we will see what we can do for you.

That's the trick...everybody has to do it, not just a few...I'll pop the idea if I get a chance.
If the pullers were to get the ball rolling, it may still be possible for 2010.

Dont get me wrong had a great time last year and am very thankful they let us in, but just very expensive and frustrating. Just wish it was equal for everybody.
I started out with a tractor and love to watch them. Had i not built my truck i would have a pro stock tractor.

Gene i will email JR at Eastern Extreme and see what i can do.

Test N Tune???

x2! i think ill just wait till the next weekend and go to the test n tune in tuckahoe for my first hook of the season.

I dont want to get off topic, but do you have any more info on Tuckahoe's TnT next season. It never to early to start planning.... THANKS Steven

I dont want to get off topic, but do you have any more info on Tuckahoe's TnT next season. It never to early to start planning.... THANKS Steven

i do not know the actual dates for 2010. i know it was april 4th last year. im assuming it will be around the same time. maybe tj or scott will will chime in.

i was thinkin about goin up but not if the purse is like that. jeremy how strict are they on like the 3way dump valve and some other lil stuff like that. i mean i have the air shutoff and loops and shields to pull interstate and dragon, but what else would i need? saftey hitch? bellhousing blanket? thanks

:thankyou2:
The deal is in the east here is the tractor guys think they are doing us a faver by just leting us hook.But anymore I think the diesel pickup class has a pretty big fan club, I think we could have a little more respect.Didnt get me wrong I love the tractor classes too, been watching them for 25yrs and still like it.

:thankyou2:

PPL rules can be found here...
http://www.powerpullingproductions.com/

QUOTE]
Cant use rules from this site, you will need to go to East Coasts website
i was thinkin about goin up but not if the purse is like that. jeremy how strict are they on like the 3way dump valve and some other lil stuff like that. i mean i have the air shutoff and loops and shields to pull interstate and dragon, but what else would i need? saftey hitch? bellhousing blanket? thanks

The 3-way dump valve i dont think will be an issue and not sure if they hooked my saftey hitch last year or not. The blanket is required in Interstae as well as Dragon IICR and will be required reguardless of were you run normally and full fire suit

ya got the fire suit. our rules say only need a blanket if you turn over 4500, and i dont usually go over 4k or so thats why i wondered. i would hate to build a saftey hitch and all then not need it but also dont wanna go that far and not be able to hook ya know. thanks though!

here is the PPL East Coast rule:

31) TRANSMISSION, AUTOMATIC:
Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and
internal components are permitted. Transmission
brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor mounted
automatic transmission shifter must be equipped
with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device
to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put
into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch
is mandatory. All transmission lines must be
metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles
must be equipped with a transmission shield
meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled
accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it
must be labeled appropriately as meeting SFI Spec
4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to
the front of tail housing with a minimum six inch
overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket type
shields must incorporate two (or one, per
manufacturer's instructions) ¾ inch by ⅛ inch straps
that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under
the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is
labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles must
be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec
29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting
SFI Spec 30.1.
32) TRANSMISSION, MANUEL:
A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is
mandatory on all vehicles. All transmissions must
be clutch assisted. Slipper clutches are permitted.
Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles
equipped with a manual transmission must have a
flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI
Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI
Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a
properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that
completely covers the bell housing; it must be
attached to the block and extend rearward to the
transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where
it is fastened.

what exactly is the point and operation a of a three way dump valve

You willneed one of these in the case the truck runs away or sticks a plunger the 3-way dump valve diverts the fuel away from the injection pump and sends it back to the tank starving the pump of fuel to help shut the truck off

ok so its basically hooked inline fuel pump to inj pump and then electrically or mechanically operated from inside and cable/airshut off ring in the back

Back