Build - 9 second drag truck #racegreen

oh... okay... :p

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was wondering if you were the same guy from pirate, i followed your build thread back in the day, cool stuff

Drivers motor mount - work in progress. The bushings are from Rubicon Express, the plate is 1/8" mild steel. More gussets will be added.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-IMG_5024.jpg
    1-IMG_5024.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
Threw on some spray paint to keep it from rusting before I have a chance to paint everything all at once with some decent enamel.

26b21ce25327dfce05707d2696a14624.jpg

#racegreen

:Cheer: This build is bad-azz! I'm no drag racer just yet, but I can sure appreciate what you got goin on there & thanks for sharing all the cool fab work and info!

Working on the frame side of the drivers motor mount. This is probably as far as I will go until I have the rear axle mocked up and can set the driveline angle.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-IMG_5080.jpg
    1-IMG_5080.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yup, for sure. LOL

I wish I had more good updates to post, but things are coming together at a slow yet steady pace, and work is going to be kicking my arse for the next 8-10 months. I'm still shooting for having the truck on the track next summer though it's looking less and less likely every day. My budget projection looks to be about 30-40% short if I want to make no compromises on data, chassis, axle, rear tires/wheels, and wiring. Data and wiring will have to be compromised if I want to race next season, or I will have to find alternate sources of funding. Selling the old chassis would help greatly.

But...

Tubing is on the way, rear wheels and tires are ready to assemble, and rough chassis design is complete, next step is to get the axle into production. A little mock up work this weekend and I should have all the plans in place and will essentially be waiting for the materials to arrive, then I can start making some real progress.

I'd be remiss if I didn't say thank you to my friends at OFTracing for the great deal on a welder that will bring us into the 21st century of welding technology. Thank you Ricky. And thank you to our local Airgas store for helping me out with the new TIG torch setup. I've been shopping there since I was in college and they have always done their best to keep costs down whenever possible. Walking into a local store, having everyone know your name, means a lot to me, far more than the slightly lower prices I can sometimes find online.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-IMG_5119.jpg
    1-IMG_5119.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 0
Congrats on the new tig machine. Somehow I missed the Comp 5's when you originally posted them. They are a beautiful wheel. I wish they'd work for my setup. Looking forward to seeing the cool stuff you build with the new resources.

I started looking at how the turbos were going to fit today, seeing if I would be able to make everything fit without changing the piping. I am considering building air to water charge air coolers at this point, but with the limited amount of time between now and next season, I will likely save that for next year.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_5158-001.jpg
    1-IMG_5158-001.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-IMG_5175.jpg
    1-IMG_5175.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-IMG_5171.jpg
    1-IMG_5171.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-IMG_5164.jpg
    1-IMG_5164.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-IMG_5161-001.jpg
    1-IMG_5161-001.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0
I ran all last year with the box 366 "over" an ED billet S483/96 1.1AR T6 pictured above. No nitrous yet, but I'm set up for two kits, one on an NXD1000 progressive controller.

Last edited:
Back