Build - 9 second drag truck #racegreen

Tacked up a new "downpipe", not sold on the location yet, but I don't have enough elbows to much else at the moment.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-IMG_5180.jpg
    1-IMG_5180.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
Looks awesome! Nice to see some more fast diesels in Alaska. If I'm still up here next summer I will have to come down and check it out.

I've never been able to see my exhaust before, but that might be nice. Is that why guys run super short bed mounted stacks, so they can see their exhaust in their rearview mirrors?

I should be able to see it, in my peripheral view when in the right hand lane, might have to tip it up a hair more.

I finally got my first shipment of tubing in today!

Plymouth ProMoly MIL-T-6736B 4130N

Unfortunately all the 1.75" tubing for the main structure was lost in shipment somehow, so I won't be able to start chassis fabrication for several more weeks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-IMG_5207.jpg
    1-IMG_5207.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
I'll probably be foot brake racing next season - 11.5" rotor with dual 4 piston calipers or 13" rotor with single 4 piston caliper?

attachment.php

Attachments

• ww 140-11003_1_.jpg
    ww 140-11003_1_.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If you are ready for that kind of money on brakes look at Endless. I am talking with them about brakes for my truck. Both now and when I start my build.

I'll probably be foot brake racing next season - 11.5" rotor with dual 4 piston calipers or 13" rotor with single 4 piston caliper?

attachment.php

Everything I can come up with says dual calipers will be necessary. The smaller rotor will allow for a 15" wheel which will increase your tire options.

Yeah duals at bare minimum, pinion brake would be better. Are you eventually going to run a transbrake?

I hadn't thought about a pinion brake, that would be ideal I would think.

I do plan on running a trans brake at some point after my wallet cools off a bit. Maybe next year.

I hadn't thought about a pinion brake, that would be ideal I would think.

I do plan on running a trans brake at some point after my wallet cools off a bit. Maybe next year.

Yeah I've seen pinion brakes work well on a few trucks....seems like a lot of the fast 2wd guys are transbrakin' it now though.

Well crap. So much for buying a clean body to start the project with...

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-IMG_5221.jpg
    1-IMG_5221.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 0
Don't ask me how but i found these wheels on Craigslist. 15X10 with 8 on 6.5. I also got a set of 15X8 with the same pattern. I didn't even know there was such a thing. Had to grind the GM brake calipers to fit over the 15's and srill the lug nut holes a bit bigger but they work great.

Attachments

• IMG_20140914_171622053.jpg
    IMG_20140914_171622053.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 0
Back