Build - 9 second drag truck #racegreen

I received my copy of the SFI 25.5C spec yesterday; seems simple enough. :hehe:

attachment.php

25.5 is pretty simple. Especially when you maintain the factory floor/firewall. Much easier.

None of it is all that tough if you break it down systematically. But when you look at these detail pages it looks a lot more complicated than it is. The entire spec is less than 30 pages. And now that I've actually had a chance to read through it, there is a lot more wiggle room than I expected. I can't wait to start!

#racegreen

We use Ultra Shield Rally Sports in our Desert bikes. Believe they r 12-13lbs and build small seat braces out chromoly. Seat mounts r part of cage though

I wanted to set the engine back a couple inches, which required modification of the firewall. Since I already had to cut the firewall I figured I might as well set the engine back a whole bunch.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-IMG_4988.jpg
    1-IMG_4988.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-IMG_5001.jpg
    1-IMG_5001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 1-IMG_4993.jpg
    1-IMG_4993.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
Damn that is crazy looking. You can reach over from the driver seat and check injector leak rates into your solo cup. :hehe:

Cutting the firewall violates the factory floor/firewall. You're going to have to do the floor bars now. The #6 bar is a pain with parallel frame members.

#6 should be pretty easy if going under the trans with a three piece, or over with a single piece, but that's only a concern if trying to get an SFI cert for 8.49 and under. Correct me if I am wrong, but down to 8.50 it won't matter.

The above diagrams show the bars in question (its the bar that would be at your feet if you built a full tube chassis)

For those interested, here is the description in the SFI 25.5C spec Aaron and I are referencing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 0
The odds of me ever getting under 8.5 are SUPER low. But it is my intention to design the chassis to allow me to add the necessary bars, without great effort, if ever necessary. I dont want to end up pulling a Pliska. ;)

I finally gathered enough information to pull the trigger on a 4 link kit today. The guys at Chris Alstons have been very patient, and lots of help.

Avenger 4 Link #780243 - Wishbone locator, 1/4" brackets with re-enforcement, 1-5/8" lower control arms, 1-3/8 uppers, and 32" outside to outside sway bar.

The kit will fit this axle once I finally get my wheels mounted up and can finish the order form. Fab9 Avenger #8263

I finally gathered enough information to pull the trigger on a 4 link kit today. The guys at Chris Alstons have been very patient, and lots of help.

Avenger 4 Link #780243 - Wishbone locator, 1/4" brackets with re-enforcement, 1-5/8" lower control arms, 1-3/8 uppers, and 32" outside to outside sway bar.

The kit will fit this axle once I finally get my wheels mounted up and can finish the order form. Fab9 Avenger #8263

A great document about proper suspension alignment from WCSAracing.com.

attachment.php

Thanks for posting that alignment detail.

The fab 9 housing is kind of heavy fyi.

You are posting things that are incredibly helpful to me and my truck build. I cant say "thank you" enough.

The fab 9 housing is kind of heavy fyi.

Any suggestions?

I have looked at the mark Williams stuff but it is prohibitively expensive. Awesome. But nearly triple what I had planned on spending, and nearly double what I am planning on spending now.

#racegreen

Any suggestions?

I have looked at the mark Williams stuff but it is prohibitively expensive. Awesome. But nearly triple what I had planned on spending, and nearly double what I am planning on spending now.

#racegreen

Moser, rjracecars, sw. There are quite a few out there. Ask them what size material the center and faceplate is made out of. Most use a 3" .250 wall tube.

Back