Truckers, lets see your rigs!

6nz I just put a head on. Local guy started making studs so thought I would try a set.

Attachments

• IMG_20171113_161403952.jpg
    IMG_20171113_161403952.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 0
Not sure on the tv show.
The regulator setup and such is piss poor. They go down fast but will hardly pull themselves back up. Half the time I have to help them.

I love the look, I love the fact that stupid pos wing window isn’t there, but idk if it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seen a set of air ones once. Seems like it’s a better concept. No worry of old motor dieinh and the regulator arm for mine is like $800. But it tossed the windows up super fast. Wonder how easy it would be to hook something like that up.

I’ll be honest. I prefer crank windows lol. I’ve never liked air windows either.

Is there much of difference in injectors form a 5ek to a mxs. Have a customer the has a 5ek in the shop for a overhaul, that is getting a platinum, that has 15000 miles on injectors, and a mxs that needs injectors.

Yea. They're quite different. Spray angles are off, acerts use a trim file vs a trim code as well. They will physically work in place of each other. But it's not correct. What factory rating is the 5ek?

Well switching tunes this weekend most likely. I like this one. Runs good, runs cooler, but same mileage. 5 flat basically.

This is with the 270-7078, 5232’s, and I can’t remember what he set the fls/flt at.

Well switching tunes this weekend most likely. I like this one. Runs good, runs cooler, but same mileage. 5 flat basically.

This is with the 270-7078, 5232’s, and I can’t remember what he set the fls/flt at.

The last few weeks I've averaged 5.2-5.8 mpg weighing anywhere from 82,680lbs (lightest) to 100,800lbs (heaviest) in my 96 379 (short hood:bang), N-14, 13sp, 3.73 (if I remember correctly) . Day cab with an empty weight of around 16,500lbs, with a lot of idle time, stopping,.starting etc. It has a "tune" in it the previous ouner had put in it but no clue what it is. I'd sure think cruising down the boulevard there's a tune that should bring you a bit better mpg, but I'm just a steering wheel holder, so what do I know! LOL

The guy who did it wants to do a little more work on it. He had never used that tune before and so basically we are learning.

Would it help to remove the rear driveshaft so I’m only turning one?

Don’t waste your time. I had a dead axle truck and it could get stuck on a pile of wet cat chit. Made ZERO difference in fuel mileage and destroyed drive tires. Had a 2nd complete rear dead axle setup for a KW and it went to scrap. Salesman that sold us the truck (1998 W900 Daycab) was from Ireland and swore they are the wave of the future. Let me assure you they suck. Lol

Don’t waste your time. I had a dead axle truck and it could get stuck on a pile of wet cat chit. Made ZERO difference in fuel mileage and destroyed drive tires. Had a 2nd complete rear dead axle setup for a KW and it went to scrap. Salesman that sold us the truck (1998 W900 Daycab) was from Ireland and swore they are the wave of the future. Let me assure you they suck. Lol

Lol I thought your first comment was sarcastic..... so I followed with my own.

Back