Trying to get the Scoop on a S366

Depends on what you call nice. I run a 64/71 .91 t4 and like it but have a relatively loose "stock stall speed" stall from Goerend.

converter is the key for sure

EXACTLY.

i should of been more specific. my opinion is based off driving a 24valve stock long block and pump, with mach6 injectors, adrenaline, super b special and an unknown after 1500rpm stall ats converter with 3.54 gear ratio.

awsome dd setup that runs low 12s

Going from a 66/71/13ss t3 to an s472/74/.90 t4 with a t4 manifold I only lost a 150rpm of spool up but the mid and top end pull was well worth it. It pulls insanely harder and is still very very driveable. It drives as well as my 66 did. I do miss the sound of the 66 though.

Going from a 66/71/13ss t3 to an s472/74/.90 t4 with a t4 manifold I only lost a 150rpm of spool up but the mid and top end pull was well worth it. It pulls insanely harder and is still very very driveable. It drives as well as my 66 did. I do miss the sound of the 66 though.

Are we still talkin 6.7L, how well do you think you can tow with that setup?

You should try our S400 based 68/74 .90A/R T4. Awesome response like the 66/71. Flows another 10lbs/min as well.

What about in the situation of a S300 T3 being in a set of compounds? Would going to a T4 non gated turbo with external gate be a better route? Say for 800-1000hp..:pop: Granted spool should be affected...would there be any other gains besides flow?

Id like to hear an answer on this also, from FI.

Just got back from a trip to tahoe with my sleds. First time towing at elevation with my S366.

First let me say I'm not towing heavy by any means approx 5,000#, but nevertheless it was at 7,000ft and above.

This turbo was by far the BEST turbo I have ever towed with. Zero surge issues, zero heat issues, and spooled remarkably well for the elevation.

As compared to the Special I was running last year on the same road with the same weight I was able to run with less boost and still have lower temps. Last year I had to run up this particar hill in 3rd with the converter locked running 20psi and 1200*, this year I could run ANYWHERE I wanted and temps never crested 1050*. usually I ran 2000rpms at 10-12psi and 900-1050* with never feeling like i was getting under the charger.

I won't bore you anymore, but I will conclude with this....

I will be recommending this turbo to ANYBODY that's looking for a performance turbo.

That sounds great Les. Especially the egt part. So the difference in spool between the 4094 and your 66/74 is minimal?

That sounds great Les. Especially the egt part. So the difference in spool between the 4094 and your 66/74 is minimal?

Yes Ron, the S366 spools slightly slower than the 4094, but is much more rounded than the Garrett.

I just can't say enough how happy I am with this turbo.

I'll be calling you soon Ron.

I'm about to put a S366/0.91 73mm T-4 with a 2nd gen T-4 flange onto my 2010 truck. My turbo has the 3rd gen compressor housing (the elbow is on the compressor housing). Plan to run it with a camshaft and ported/oring head. I'm hoping that it will a decent daily driver. At least its a decently priced turbo.

Back