Complaints about parking fees and drunk retards

It seems to me like a lot of the people that were there weren't even watching the pulls or the races. It just seemed like they were more interested in getting drunk and watching idiots do burnouts.

I agree we had to run to the hotel right before the Sat. evening pulls and on the way back in there were more people standing around yelling and drinking than there was at the pulling track. I know it just seems like everybody just wanted a place to party not enjoy the sport on its biggest stage with the biggest names in the game competeing. Congrats to all of those who competed, you put on a great show for those of us who cared enough to watch.

I don't mind paying for the weekend parking if it is actually going to keep it clean safe and the like. Last year there were porta potty's all over. This year depends on where you were it was a long walk for the women there. I heard my wife complaining about it all weekend. Not me I just used everyone else's tires.

I agree we had to run to the hotel right before the Sat. evening pulls and on the way back in there were more people standing around yelling and drinking than there was at the pulling track. I know it just seems like everybody just wanted a place to party not enjoy the sport on its biggest stage with the biggest names in the game competeing. Congrats to all of those who competed, you put on a great show for those of us who cared enough to watch.

Yea just trying to get back to the trailer on Saturday night after I pulled was hard enough. I had people screaming at me to do a burnout or blow smoke. And it took forever to get back to the trailer because of all the people cruising through the camp grounds doing burnouts.:bang

the drunken idiots were the worst for me. I heard a guy say (he's not a member on here I don't think anyway) that a drunk got mad when he said he was not goin to do a burn out and he threw a beer can at his truck. That's un called for, we all have alot of time and money in our trucks, and we don't need idiots like that tearing them up. all in all it was my first time attendin, and I had a blast; the pulls was one of the best I've seen. Thanks to all the competors for puttin on such a great show! I will be back next year.

Yeah, I have to admit that what was going on was totally NUTZ and stupid inside the fair gounds. We hung around after the pull Saturday night untill 11pm talking to some friends that pulled and on our way out the camping area was insane, saw a drunken fist fight, cops talking over the loud speaker to get off the roads. By that time my truck and my buddies where the only ones left in the parking lot up infront of the dyno's and it was easy getting out untill we hit the main road....then all hell broke out again and almost had to come to a complete stop on the road due to crazy amounts of smoke. Drove past the Gander Mnt and Burling Coat factory parking lot and have yet to ever see that many diesel trucks and drunken stupidity all in once place....way way more than IRP ever was the the last years that was really crazy!

With all the talk last year about Terre Haute not wanting the event there because of drunken idiots....I can only imagine what they are going to say after this year!!

All in all, the pulling was great. Yeah, it was a little expensive to get in and out but I found it still quite a bit cheaper than going to other large motor sport events so its all good....I know I would want to get paid at least $30 an hour just to clean up the mess if I worked for the fair board!

I want to give a HUGE thanks to Dennis and the TS and Comp D guys as well as the Scheid team for their hard work. I couldnt imagine the headaches they had with the dumbass people working the fairgrounds and all the idiots that just came to party and drink. I had a blast even thought Bullseye put me on the trailer first round. LOL.

I've been going to Scheid Diesel Extravaganza ever since 2006, and every year it seems it has progressively gotten worse with all of the drunken "Hold my beer and watch this's" or the redneckin "y'all ain't gonna believe what my truck will do's". Shoot, the first year was a last minute decision to go, so I just ended up sleeping in the truck right next to the campgrounds(the people I was around had a camper there, but no room inside) Last year, they seemed to have the burnout situation somewhat under hand, but it seemed this year, everything went down the crapper. I remember last year they made it a point that no burnouts were to be done on the fairgrounds. What happened this year?

I think what needs to be done is to think about what happened the last year FASS Nationals down at Indy was a DHRA sanctioned event. The spectators in years prior used to do burnouts around the hotels, or even went to warehouse parking lots that were about 1/4 mile long where they proceeded to re-blacktop the parking lot or drag race. This went on until one truck was doing donuts, got out of control, and hit another parked truck. After that year, they brought cops in from the neighboring communities to patrol the hotels, etc in and around Plainfield. I think it was one or two uniformed officers per hotel. They eventually ran everyone inside or off. The hotel I was at that year was at midnight. I think if they implemented something of this nature, things might start to recede of the retardedness. Obviously the larger parking lots need to have a couple officers stationed in them as well to run anyone off before they get greatly outnumbered.

More or less, get the idiots shut in the hotel so they can pass out before they can do something stupid, not to mention the added security. Take away an area from where the retards can hide, and they will just go to bed, or go back to their hotel room and get drunk and out of sight.

And I like the idea of shutting down the campgrounds to competitors only, and make it a lockdown area after a certain time.

I want to give a HUGE thanks to Dennis and the TS and Comp D guys as well as the Scheid team for their hard work. I couldnt imagine the headaches they had with the dumbass people working the fairgrounds and all the idiots that just came to party and drink. I had a blast even thought Bullseye put me on the trailer first round. LOL.

X2, Great event minus the drunks acting like retards! One of my favorite competitions of the year and was extremely pleased with how my guys did this year!

We had to park in the handicap spots at Drury because that was the only spots left. We cleared it with the hotel first and then while parking, the cops came and jumped our ass. 20ft away were 500 drunk idiots that werent even staying at the hotel, but the cops were too chickensh*t to go ask them to leave so paying customers could park. After they finally left us alone, they went right by the drunks without saying a word to them. Unbelievable. Then Arons exhaust gets broken sometime sat night. I guess someone thought they wuold use it for a step.

ban the alcohol next year and i bet it turns back into a diesel event instead of a big party but lots of ppl cant handle being somewhere without drinking its impossible for some

Make the Fairgrounds Dry and it would be a LOT easier to spot the people that are just there to raise hell!!!!

I would put money on it that there would still be packed stands all weekend.........

Now I know this has nothing to do with Scheid Diesel, but more for the fairgrounds staff. Bought the 2 day parking pass on Saturday morning, watch the pulls, show n shine, etc. Sunday morning we roll in the fairgrounds. I pull to the "parking lot" on the right side of the property where the drag strip is, with no intention on watching the racing (We came for the pulls). Dude asked for $15 a person to watch the racing. I said we're not wanting to watch, I just want to park down there where a couple buddies trucks were. We came for the pulling. He said well you have to park here, pointing to basically the entrance. I thought to myself, "Didn't I pay for the pass to park wherever I want?" Guess it doesn't matter. Well I pull where he tells me to, then idle down the edge of the property by the trees and parked my happy a$$ on the end. Kinda pissed me off.

EDIT

I also highly agree with no alcohol at the events. Even if it comes down to the Police searching each vehicle for alcohol, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Here's an idea. Only Contestants are allowed to have alcohol. When you pay your entry/get tech card, you will also get an extra bracelet that allows you to drink on the premises. And ALL competitors get taser guns when they enter. Then anyone they catch drinking without a bracelet or acting like a fool, they can tase and/or beat the **** out of for as long as they feel like.

I dont think i will be going back next year. Sick of the party. Nascar isnt this bad. I like to pull with the best trucks out there but its not worth all the drunks in retards doing burnouts.

Here is my idea...Have the cops check every vehical entering the gates (this would take some major extra time, so open the other gate up to let people get right into the grass parking lot to the left of the main entrance).

THEN...have one heck of a beer tent, have cops in there ID'ing on entry, and then have the servers cut off people when they feel they are drunk enough. Have all the proceed's of the beer tent go to the town of Terre Haute or maybe one other local organization for helping out kids in sports or something.

This is how most of our pulls, drag races and truck shows go up here in Ontario, Canada and all goes well and the towns are happy for the proceed's!

the drunken idiots were the worst for me. I heard a guy say (he's not a member on here I don't think anyway) that a drunk got mad when he said he was not goin to do a burn out and he threw a beer can at his truck. That's un called for, we all have alot of time and money in our trucks, and we don't need idiots like that tearing them up. all in all it was my first time attendin, and I had a blast; the pulls was one of the best I've seen. Thanks to all the competors for puttin on such a great show! I will be back next year.

I'm not gonna lie anybody ever throws a beer can/ bottle or anything at my truck or a freinds truck they will make a visit to the Hospital no questions asked if you are that much of a dumb a** oh well you might straighten your s*** up that kind of action for not doing a burn out or blowing smoke is uncalled for if you wanna do that s*** get your own truck and tear it up and waste $1000 worth of tires. :rules: just a though respect the property and town and everything else that isnt yours because these people dont have to have this event it is a privlage if jack a** keep this s*** up it might go away!

I have an IDEA have the cops write tickets. I mean Yes they wrote tickets but I seen way to much cops riding up beside a truck just finish a burn out and talk to them then the truck drives off. Really.

Public Intox tickets would have taken care of the burn out pit very quickly and terre haute would have made more money. I see this event being a gold mine for the city. If they used the come trash my town and your going to pay for it.

They got ahold of TS and Fass national the same way.

Back