Pwoject Wicked Wabbit

Dang man, I'm still putting mine together and your is gone already..

Oh well. I'm off to the injection shop today to get my injectors.

Still debating on what to do about the rod bolts, guess they are stretch bolts and shouldn't be reused. I find this out after I get the bottom end assembled of course..

dan

I hated to can it, but I just don't have time for a project truck right now, need more on the order of a get in and drive something right now LOL LOL

Previous Owner Called... he want's it back

I hated to can it, but I just don't have time for a project truck right now, need more on the order of a get in and drive something right now LOL LOL

The Grandson of the previous owner wants it back in the family now that you junked it. And from what I understand, the new owner has not done anything with it either. I am sure the home owner of where it is resting will be happy to eliminate it from his front lawn, back pasture, whatever!

So, I want to make arrangements to get it this summer when I come home for a few weeks; collect up ALL the misc. parts with the extras, and haul back WY with me. I will have the money to make all this happen. After all, its your tax dollars!

Its either this or purchase a 2 wheeler to get back and forth to work.... Although even Bad Motorscooters dont handle snow very well.

Big Dodge diesels are fine for towing and work, but not good for city traffic. (Especially on the clutch foot.) Not to mentiion 55 gal. X's 3.95+ puts a huge dent in my fun money. Besides... I want to make my '03 a road-trip fuel sippin', camper-towin', stump-pullin' power-house. (AKA: Garage King)

Guess this VW truck is the one for the daily grind.

Now if I could only find a free, mint-condition Nissan SD 33T for the Grand Cherokee.....

HMMMM....

OBTW!
Did I ever mention that my across the street neighbor is a VW hobby man?

ummmmmmmm....

Chris I remember the last time you tried to ride a two wheeler didn't turn out too well. Ha Ha

ummmmmmm......

yeeeeaaaaaahhhh..........

that did cost me $500 and your pride

but i really do want this truck back

you of all people know too well about how project story lines go around Longwood....... i want to see this one finished with me holding the title

remember the Lotus? i dont know if that will ever see the light of day again... my search for all the parts would span 4-5 counties

Holy Crap I just had a novel idea!!!!!

That car had a Renault 4-cly.... wich never ran all that well.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking????

Nissan SD 22... these 2 engines are about the same size....

I can picture it now!!! 1973 Lotus Europa with a Diesel Powerplant!!! :rockwoot: :nail:

well... that depends...

It belonged to his grandfather. He wanted it back when I had it before Billy.

That depends on what condition it's in now... meaning how many thousands of puzzle pieces there are to get it back on the road.

When my grandfather aquired this truck, it was diesel. When he got around to doing something with it, (ie: pulling it out of the weeds and washing all the pecan tree sap off of it) he for some reason (the world may never know) switched it to gasoline???? :what:

This kind of goes along the same linage as the 1943 A model Willys Army Jeep that made it's way through our circles..... I never should have sold that thing. Just think of the fun of having a diesel powered mud puppy! :hehe: :hehe:

You are gonna have to talk to Ponder on the VW Chris, it's his now to do with as he pleases. When it left here he took a truck with a complete interior, working AC and freshly gone through injectors and injector pump with him. The spare body shell is still in the hayfield but destined for the scrap yard, it's toast.

I'll pass...

You are gonna have to talk to Ponder on the VW Chris, it's his now to do with as he pleases. When it left here he took a truck with a complete interior, working AC and freshly gone through injectors and injector pump with him. The spare body shell is still in the hayfield but destined for the scrap yard, it's toast.

Seeing that it's in capable hands... I'll pass.

Besides, WY to ATL is tooooo far to go just retrieve it.

Thanks anyway.

Back