Pwoject Wicked Wabbit

Friday I drove it, FINALLY! Straight to the muffler shop for an exhaust system, 2.5 DP and 2 the rest of the way. The DP looks like a U from the way the turbo is mounted, the DP has to go towards the right side, make a half loop under the CV shaft and then turns back, with all the bends being made on an old style bender it really got kinked down so 2" the rest of the way is really not hurting it any. Got a tag, need to get the horn working so it can be inspected, and that's it.

I've put about 80 miles on it so far, like driving a friggin go kart LOL LOL The total LACK of acceleration is the hardest thing to get used to, with my truck, if I want to go faster, just blip the throttle and I gain 20mph, with this lil dude I look for a kia to draft behind LOL

Running good, just have a few minor issues to work out before I'll feel comfortable driving it 40 miles one way to work, wipers are down (part ordered) and there is a fuel leak on one of the lines from the tank. Oh, and the throttle linkage likes to come loose from the pedal :bang

Billysgoat said:
Friday I drove it, FINALLY! Straight to the muffler shop for an exhaust system, 2.5 DP and 2 the rest of the way. The DP looks like a U from the way the turbo is mounted, the DP has to go towards the right side, make a half loop under the CV shaft and then turns back, with all the bends being made on an old style bender it really got kinked down so 2" the rest of the way is really not hurting it any. Got a tag, need to get the horn working so it can be inspected, and that's it.

I've put about 80 miles on it so far, like driving a friggin go kart LOL LOL The total LACK of acceleration is the hardest thing to get used to, with my truck, if I want to go faster, just blip the throttle and I gain 20mph, with this lil dude I look for a kia to draft behind LOL

Running good, just have a few minor issues to work out before I'll feel comfortable driving it 40 miles one way to work, wipers are down (part ordered) and there is a fuel leak on one of the lines from the tank. Oh, and the throttle linkage likes to come loose from the pedal :bang

Billy I'm so happy that all your hard work has finally paid off!!!:Cheer: :Cheer:
While I don't have a clue what shape your fat rabbit is in, if it's worthy of paint job I'll donate a weekend of time and product this fall preferably December to spray a dirty paint job on it if you like.*

*Disclaimer: This job might be subject to beta coating testing and seeing how i have several different multi-color changing pigments inbound we might have to spray a 'Cobra Mystic' type paint job on the Fat Rabbit as a demo. I know you're hesitant but once you realize the 'major' paint companies charge well over $30 PER OUNCE (for the base color alone) for these 3-5 color flipping base colors you'll understand the value that you are receiving. Plus, you'll then be ready to take a hot female date to Jackson for a big night out on the town;)!

Last edited:
WOE IS ME! I feel a mileage report coming. If i can ever get my root rake near that rabbit I will smush it like a bug

TooMuchBoost said:
Billy I'm so happy that all your hard work has finally paid off!!!:Cheer: :Cheer:
While I don't have a clue what shape your fat rabbit is in, if it's worthy of paint job I'll donate a weekend of time and product this fall preferably December to spray a dirty paint job on it if you like.*

*Disclaimer: This job might be subject to beta coating testing and seeing how i have several different multi-color changing pigments inbound we might have to spray a 'Cobra Mystic' type paint job on the Fat Rabbit as a demo. I know you're hesitant but once you realize the 'major' paint companies charge well over $30 PER OUNCE (for the base color alone) for these 3-5 color flipping base colors you'll understand the value that you are receiving. Plus, you'll then be ready to take a hot female date to Jackson for a big night out on the town;)!

No clue if it's worthy or not, but it's in need (I'll get some pics up as soon as I can find my camera, it's on vacation) LOL LOL LOL

Drove it back and forth to work (35 miles one way) a couple of times, with the AC kicking getting to 65mph takes about 3 miles :bang It's not going to take a month for me to start jacking with the power levels LOL

No clue on the mileage John, the fuel filler is screwed up and I have to trickle feed it diesel, that's next on the "Fix right quick like list" LOL

Well I have been gather parts for my Jetta and thought maybe you would like to know what I've found.

You can add a cam plate from a 1.9IDI VE pump to your 1.6IDI pump for more fuel delivery with the same plunger for about $35.00. Then if you are feeling like you want more you can get a 10mm plunger/head for just about $100.00 or go big with a 12mm plunger for about $135....

But wait theres more!!

Then you can get some Mercedes injectors, Bosch part# 0 432 226 003
This cross references with a Mercedes part# 605 300 100 013 (whole injector).
Still trying to get the part # for the nozzle as we can use our injector bodies with these tips.
I think this may be the part # DNOSD261 = Bosch # 0 434 250 120

Set pump timing to 1.07mm

Then make up a better down pipe and run at least 2.5" pipe all the way out the butt..

Have fun..
Dan

Last edited:
zukgod1 said:
Well I have been gather parts for my Jetta and thought maybe you would like to know what I've found.

You can add a cam plate from a 1.9IDI VE pump to your 1.6IDI pump for more fuel delivery with the same plunger for about $35.00. Then if you are feeling like you want more you can get a 10mm plunger/head for just about $100.00 or go big with a 12mm plunger for about $135....

But wait theres more!!

Then you can get some Mercedes injectors, Bosch part# 0 432 226 003
This cross references with a Mercedes part# 605 300 100 013 (whole injector).
Still trying to get the part # for the nozzle as we can use our injector bodies with these tips.
I think this may be the part # DNOSD261 = Bosch # 0 434 250 120

Set pump timing to 1.07mm

Then make up a better down pipe and run at least 2.5" pipe all the way out the butt..

Have fun..
Dan

Thanks for the ideas! Got a GT1752R to go on the daily driver Rabbit, and a GT2056 to go on my driver/dragger. Shooting for 150hp:D

The only thing I'm sure of, is that it'll probably take an engine or two to figure out the tuning:hehe:

Chris

Well the Wabbit has been down for two weeks, long story short an injector hung and made me think there was some valve to piston contact :bang Got the head off and all internal parts are good, now I'm just waiting to get a few more parts so I can get it back on the road.

do you flippin people have turbos just lying around??? Send me one...I'm sure you'd rather see it put to good use.

2001shrtbedcmns said:
do you flippin people have turbos just lying around??? Send me one...I'm sure you'd rather see it put to good use.
Send me money and you can have the first one I stub my toe into when I run through the house blindfolded. :hehe:

joefarmer said:
Send me money and you can have the first one I stub my toe into when I run through the house blindfolded. :hehe:
I GOT A DOLLAR!!!!!! :bang :bang :bang I'm just trying to keep you safe...on a serious note...how many turboes do you guys actually have lying around?

Me, down to the GT1752R, GT2056, GT4508R, a GT42A Core, and a couple housings for my GT4088R. At one time, I had about 12 sitting here!

Chris

Signature600 said:
Me, down to the GT1752R, GT2056, GT4508R, a GT42A Core, and a couple housings for my GT4088R. At one time, I had about 12 sitting here!

Chris
must be nice!!!

The nice part is, not counting the GT4088R or housings, I have less than $600 in all of them;)

Chris

Well, the Wabbit is on it's way out the door, long story short I did a pot load of work to it, took it down the road and it has a bent rod or F'ed up wristpin :bang

I'm tired of fooling with it and the truck itself needs more time put into it than I have to spare right now. It's already sold (to another member here) and on it's way out the door.

I gots me a new toy now to replace it though :evil

79 Mercedes 300SD turbo diesel, just got it to fire off yesterday after sitting ten years :rockwoot:

WOW, cool old car. My mother had a 300SD...and named it Hank. :hehe: That's the only car she ever named. I remember when Hank died. LOL

well that just s_cks about the rabbit, i have a bunch of them, but no turbo's
there so fun and easy to work on. my daily is a gas, but i just purchased w w/diesel i'll be converting. my pa has 2 trucks 2 jettas,2 golfs, that of coarse he thinks i have all this spare time to work on :umno:

Duster 5.9 said:
there so fun and easy to work on.

Pulling the front cover, timing belt, and idler pulley to put a freaking water pump on is easy to work on? Easier to work on because there is nothing to them, maybe...but I still won't say easy to work on!

Chris

Back