Who is running 6x.018s?

8UPRACIN

Looking at stepping up again for a competition injector and was looking at a set of 6x.018s. Who is running them and what is your setup with results and brands? Thanks guys.

I am running a set of JL machine 6x18's. I haven't dynoed the setup yet, I am really satisfied with the way the truck feels power-wise. I am running a 66 turbo and a TST comp and Edge EZ.

Cool thanks. Are you still running a stock VP? I had the HO pump from the factory and swapped to a SO pump picking up almost 28hp without changing anything else. Been waiting till a few more guys have better luck with the Monster pump or Dragon Fire pump before dropping $3K in a setup.

I have a SO pump. I am very happy with how it runs, feels real strong with the SO. The dragonfire, i dont think many have seen a lot with, but the monster stg 2 is a good pump. It's a lot good chunk of $$ though. lol

Sweet I think that I am going to try and run a set this spring with my SO pump and spray it heavy too if it won't clean up on the top end. Should move some more fuel than my setup now.

We ran a set of 6x18 scheid injectors with our dragon fire vp. Good power for pulling the sled. It was a little jumpy on the street, by that I mean it would surge a little under very light peddle, but put the hammer down and it went.

Sweet! You were probably running a big single right? I'm not planning on running them all the time but I will drive them on the street a little and my turbo setup runs pretty clean and was daily driven for a year with 240s and towed. Thanks for all the input guys!

Any dyno number or time slips with the 6x.013s? I'm running Mach5's now and ran 7s before. Not sure on their tip sizing but I think somewhere in the 7x.010s-.012 now with the 5s.

I do not recall on the Mach 5, but Mach 6's and 7's are 7x0.010", so you may want to think about jumping to a 6x0.018", big injectors don't always make big power with a VP44.

Copy. Yeah I know a buddy was running some 6X.016s and made awesome power and it ran great. Didn't realize the size of the Machs and that they were that small. I'm just wanting more than what I have now and have the "bottle" to clean up what my turbos don't. Not worried about idle truck will be trailed to big races and ran at the local strip only with big injectors. I'll keep these 200s or sale them for a set of 150s or so for everyday driving or towing.

It's not necessarily the size of the nozzle and holes. Those mach injectors have a ton of other work done to them therefore they make a lot of power with the smaller holes.
There is a lot more to injectors, i think Smokem is a great person to ask about that.(search)
That's why some injectors cost a thousand dollars over others of the same size. I guarantee those expensive injectors run, drive, and make power better than cheaper ones.
I have 7x14's and they are more than my current turbos need, and i can airlock my pump at will. If you think smoke is power than by all means get those 6x18's

It's not necessarily the size of the nozzle and holes. Those mach injectors have a ton of other work done to them therefore they make a lot of power with the smaller holes.
There is a lot more to injectors, i think Smokem is a great person to ask about that.(search)
That's why some injectors cost a thousand dollars over others of the same size. I guarantee those expensive injectors run, drive, and make power better than cheaper ones.
I have 7x14's and they are more than my current turbos need, and i can airlock my pump at will. If you think smoke is power than by all means get those 6x18's

I'm running 7x.014's too, I can drain it with everything turned up. If you're planning on spraying it clean, you might be okay.

strong as horse, smart as tractor

By no means do I think smoke is power. I'm just saying that I am not scared to spray it. I know that these MACHs weren't cheap. I bought them cause of the good reviews that I heard. And yes my 240s were way cleaner than the first set of Jammer 5s I started with. With my old 240s the way my turbos are setup I barely had a haze WOT. My 200s now are completely clean under full boost. I just want to make some big numbers and shoot for low 12s or possibly the 11.90 index.

My truck weighs 7k lbs with some stuff stripped off. I was having issues with how I had the TV cable setup a few years back and was holding shifts way too long. I've got those and some other issues fixed now and plan on a new converter and a few other goodies this spring and maybe freshen up the tranny is needed.

24vriviera- What does your car weight?

Who's 7x.014s are you running and you had it on the dyno or track?

5400lbs, runs high 11's and is fairly dirty.. Getting a larger primary on soon.. They are from Contagious diesel.. I do like these guys, fairly clean at idle but they wouldnt work on something heavier... Without different turbos/converter

I'm running a 62/65-12 with a 475 and 50mm external gates. I see 65-80psi depending on where I have my gates setup. Spool up is super quick now but I know my converter is most likely hurting me outta the hole at the strip. It ran 12.70s at 107mph so I know it's making power just comes outa the hole like crap. Might just change up the converter and see what it does before I throw more fuel at it but I want to help make a name for us VP guys.

Yeah more stall will help, i ask think i will try that next summer.. I am trapping 115mph, but only running 11.90's.. Getting there! Bigger turbo ought to help too!

Yeah the videos of you car are pretty sweet! I bet you surprise a lot of people!! At my track the all were making fun of me telling me to buy a race car, I shut them up running low 8s and beating half their cars!!

Back