Who is running 6x.018s?

Those mach injectors have a ton of other work done to them therefore they make a lot of power with the smaller holes.

Actually they don't have any work done to them. There are a few reasons they make good power, and none of it has to do with the internet hype of "pintle mods".

Actually they don't have any work done to them. There are a few reasons they make good power, and none of it has to do with the internet hype of "pintle mods".

Very nice then.. we are all learning today!
They just have a better design than Bosch nozzles? Or are Bosch, just edm'd differently?

Interesting...

I finally just got my truck back together, and made the change from Mach 7s, to cole's old 6x13s. It made a huge difference. It will take a Lot of nitrous to clean them up

Cool. My 7s made good power but when I swapped to my auto I started getting warm towing and traded for a smaller set. I might look into something like those or send these in and get them upgraded.

Yea I had my 7s with my nv5600 and 363 then swapped a 47re I'n 6x13s & the 469 all at once. I'm definately running out of fuel with the HO pump. I got mikes injectors so that when I get his pump he will warrant it. I just didn't have the money for everything all at once lol

A buddy's truck ran 12.2s with a SO pump, MPM 6x13s, drag comp and a 66/71/14. Around 6700lbs. Calculates to a hair over 600hp(which it dyno'd as well). It still had fuel left to burn. Those injectors fuel HARD and make good power. They are smokey compared to most 7 hole injectors we have run, but make more power as well.

Ive run a set of 7x14s, 6x13s and 6x16s this year. The 7 holes were a dud and i didnt even go to the track with them. With 6x16s i ran a 11.85@113 and then next trip out i ran the 6x13s (with the only other change being a steed speed in place of the stock manifold) and rand a 11.92@113 with a slightly slower 60ft time. I am running a p7100, but i think the results are worth sharing. My setup could use a little more air as well.

The 6x18s may be a little much for a stock vp, but ive never sprayed a truck so maybe that will help you make power with them.

Last edited:
If you're willing to spray and pray, then use the biggest injectors you can get your hands on. I picked up 300hp (ish) by going from 6x16s to 5x25s on my VE. Make sure you wastegate your turbo plenty.

I run 6x.013s and love them

Can any VP actually make use of an injector that flows over 4.0 LPM?
I would assume that max power can be made on less LPM, with more attention paid to how that amount of fuel is delivered, and how well the rest of the combo makes use of it.

I would assume that max power can be made on less LPM, with more attention paid to how that amount of fuel is delivered, and how well the rest of the combo makes use of it.

Well put.

A comparison of a 7x0.012" and 6x0.013", the difference in nozzle type should be quite clear, this is a large part as to why the 6-hole will make more power.

NTC.jpg

~ 4LPM would be a good estimate, some of the best running VP setups I have seen run a 6x0.016" and would flow right in this area.

Ok this may be a completely ignorant question...
What would a person lean towards for just a good running street truck? 7 hole or 6 hole? I've searched on the topic before and no real answers were given, a bunch of pissing matches is all.

I will say it honestly depends on overall setup.

In my opinion, my 6 hole injectors are very much more powerful and efficient in high boost high rpm situations..... i feel as thought they are somewhat of a compromise for easy around town driving.

That said, there is so much more to the equation than the number of holes the injector has.

Ah I almost forgot about the SAC vs. VCO nozzles.

I never have gotten to run the sac type but they will be my next set, likely 6x14's or so. For reasons that still aren't clear, I have some 7x24 VCO's in my engine that scare the fukk out of me.

Personally, I'll never run Mach anything.........for other reasons.

The nozzle on left is a micro-blind sac type, the nozzle on right is a cylindrical-blind sac type.

Back