Black Beauty Build Thread

should run your timing up to 24. interesting map I kinda dig it. Im assuming you left out pilot out of your tune all together.

Yeah I was hoping you didn't mind me posting yours lol.

I think the high side of it is up to 24ish. No pilot at all in this one. I think I'm going to re-build it with a pilot at idle - 1200ish though.

I can tell it makes more power than my pilot tune.

But I need to figure out this transmission tuning before I move on to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the high side of it is up to 24ish. No pilot at all in this one. I think I'm going to re-build it with a pilot at idle - 1200ish though.

Nah I dont mind someone using my tune. I was looking at it and was like heyy thats mine i think. I just like to see someone actually using it to better themselve. I didnt have all those tunes in the library when I started. Happy to see someone using all the information out there.

Fyi my front drive shaft have that much play also. But my truck has a loud clicking sound and I cant figure out what it is. I replaced all the ujoints in the truck except one which is tight.

Any update to this?? and your 12v tune?

Nope, rebuilt it again. I'll post a map up later of it. I believe it's much better. Haven't had a chance to track mpg yet.

Stock the truck ran a 17.2 quarter on average. After tuning it's run a 16.1 quarter. I still have a lot left in it, but don't want anymore till transmission gets some love.

Last edited:
299a8fde97f70ca96471971f80ceb70b.jpg

4763289e46b9847af8c391b2767646f9.jpg

This is the tune I'm running now. It has pilot up to around 950-1000 rpm then single shot. When I get chances to log I tweak a little here and there but so far it runs good like this.

Ghostman use the snipit tool in windows 7 for screen shots makes life easier ;-)

and nice map interesting graph i understand what you are going for. I like it.

I like the idea of having pilot at idle. Never seen that before. I forgot to change to a normal tune yesterday morning and it took me a minute to figure out why it was a pain to start.

I like the idea of having pilot at idle. Never seen that before. I forgot to change to a normal tune yesterday morning and it took me a minute to figure out why it was a pain to start.

Yeah having the pilot just at idle is nice. Quiet around parking lots and if your under the hood checking things and drive thru's.

I've haven't seen any trouble starting or difference in starting switch from a full single shot tune, to pilot tune, etc. The biggest difference I've seen is by playing the the main timing, cranking table. Increasing the timing on this table makes it fire off quicker like a VP44 truck.

Do yall think $2500 for a COMPLETE manual G56 transmission swap is a fair price? Transmission is good with 75K miles, stock clutch.

Do yall think $2500 for a COMPLETE manual G56 transmission swap is a fair price? Transmission is good with 75K miles, stock clutch.

Yes but cut some off for the clutch. I paid over that for a nv5600 swap. Best thing I ever did in my life!!

Seriously considering it...

Do it, I would go a nv5600 but if your willing to swap in the g56 do it manual is way better!!!.

Make sure you get a nice clutch and a girdle for that g56, I heard you don't need a girdle until about 900hp but its better safe then sorry.

Ain't done much but drive it. I did get a new driver seat cushion from Genos and some CoverKing seat covers. Wow the new foam is sooo nice on the butt.

b2955292730ef8d7549fedb8114e64e4.jpg

What's up with the timing spike at 2200 rpm 55mm3? Cruise economy? Admittedly I am a tuning peon.

If you want to go quick with it, why the G56? Pretty common to scatter them above 600hp. Built 48re would hold more, faster, and cost slightly more if you do some of the easy stuff yourself.

Last edited:
What's up with the timing spike at 2200 rpm 55mm3? Cruise economy? Admittedly I am a tuning peon.

If you want to go quick with it, why the G56? Pretty common to scatter them above 600hp. Built 48re would hold more, faster, and cost slightly more if you do some of the easy stuff yourself.

Yes that's kind of around my cruising mm3 but it still needs work.

Well I know how to easily build autos cause I built plenty in the past for my 2nd gen. BUT, I don't really have the time or space to tear down an auto and rebuild it right now. It's just tuning this damn TC and 3-4 shift is so frustrating. It also will need a rebuild soon. I may keep the auto and try out a lock up switch.

Yes that's kind of around my cruising mm3 but it still needs work.

Well I know how to easily build autos cause I built plenty in the past for my 2nd gen. BUT, I don't really have the time or space to tear down an auto and rebuild it right now. It's just tuning this damn TC and 3-4 shift is so frustrating. It also will need a rebuild soon. I may keep the auto and try out a lock up switch.

nv5600 for the win lol..

I would say built auto for drag racing.

keep up the good work ghostman

To each their own I guess... I could never bring myself to swap an auto truck.
I've had a 4500 and a 5600 and now I'm in an auto.

Back