98 P Pump 24v Engine Build

WhiteKnight

Finally started to get most of the parts together so i figured id start my thread.

A little background... the trucks a 98 24v auto, extra cab long bed. I p pumped it about 3 years ago and have had several different combinations of parts and turbos on it over those time periods. this will be the 3rd time ive had this engine apart in the 6 years ive had the truck.

my last engines best dyno numbers were 770hp/1200+ft lbs on fuel only
That was with a bullseye batmo s475, 6x.016s, a fire ringed stock head, hamilton 110lb springs, a custom ground colt cam (which i am going to be still running), mahle .040'' pistons fly cut .100'', and a 450cc 160 pump with 5ks. Plus all the usual supporting mods but im not gonna list them all off :doh:

my original plan was to pull out my engine and change out the rods for a set of carillos, check clearences, and do a set of bearings and rings. Also get a new pump built and sell the old 160. Once i had the engine apart, i found several melted pistons and decided to basicly redo everything again. might as well right.

so this is where im at now. starting to get most of the parts together and can start to make some headway with the build.

New pistons, mahle .040'' cut .100''. Soon to be going to get coated
pistonnew.jpg

Carillo Rods
rod.jpg

rod2.jpg

Waterman Fuel pump
Waterman1.jpg

New pump built by pro street diesel
Pump1.jpg

ill get some more pictures up soon of the other stuff i have layin around

Last edited:
My new pump is a 180. I sent it to darren at pro street diesel and had a custom cam put in it, 6k gov springs, custom cut dvs and some other stuff

My new stainless lines. Had an older set of mild but i decided to try the stainless one. Heres my truck back when i drove it everyday and the last pic is it now in my garage lower back down to stock height and -2" in the back. The wheels and tires are not staying.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371240808.192679.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371240892.336759.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371240934.039817.jpg

Thanks! It used to be lifted 4" but now i put it back down to factory height and im gonna try a 20" or 22" wheel with some smaller tires

Are those lined from haisley? I have mild steel on mine and need some new ones. How was the fitting on those right out of the box?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Very true, I just paid $625 for my set. It's supposed to be made to closer tolerances and be damn near perfect, but they suck majorly.

The lines were from scheid i beleive, and i havnt had them on the truck yet. My old set of mild .093 lines fit pretty well right out of the box. I ended up selling them ans going with a set of stainless. Just got my pistons back fron swain on friday and do they look nice! Ill have some pics up as soon as i can!

Heres some pics of my pistons i just got back from swain! Gold coat on the tops and pc-9 on the skirts! came out great

pistoncoated3.jpg

pistoncoated2.jpg

pistoncoated.jpg

I love how Swains stuff come out. I had Polydyn do mine and they were mediocre at best.

Last edited:
Just dropped my crank, rods and pistons off at the machine shop to have them balanced! Once i get them back ill be putting the low end together finally

Finally got all my stuff together and will be assembling the engine this week! my next step is the head. does anyone have any experience with cutting the intake on a p pumped 24v? i havnt really seen any out thwere but am looking towards going that route

Back