Team Thailand at the NHRDA World Finals

Is the 32 for all classes? If thats the case, then I dont see the big deal about letting them in the show, since there isnt anywhere near 32 Pro Stock trucks, and all they would have to do to qualify is take the beams at one event.

It would only be good for the sport, and would probably draw the Thailand team back for more.

But regardless, I cant wait to see what that little truck can do!!

I agree with the "bus" if there is not a full field of 16 in any class, then it would be better for the sport to allow qualified entries in. First come until there is a full field

The truck does not have to be here for the Thai driver to qualify, the driver needs to take a $2000 flight over to the US and attend an NHRDA event in a "borrowed" pro stock truck, take the beams, and then he's qualified.

Although international travel is not easy, from a financial standpoint, $2000 airplane ticket isn't that far off from the fuel bill some of the competitors rack up during a season traveling.

Big issue I see is tbe points championship. Two guys are very close and allowing team Thai in could affect a year of hard work if taken out by them. At the least I hope there will be a reveiw of the rules for next year. Sure would be nice to have more competitors in the fast classes.

Last edited:
Points for the "National Championship" are still being earned true. IMO let the National points race wrap up and then run a "World Champion" run off.. If there are no World challengers, then obviously the National champ takes the World title. "World Finals" is just another name if its not used correctly!! A team should not have to earn National points for a shot at a World title if they are out of Country, yes even Canada.

Last edited:
Grudge race will be just as cool and not interfere with points and championships. I imagine they will be just as stoked to line up next to the champ for an exhibition pass. Now if only the champion of the class is down.

Big issue I see is tbe points championship. Two guys are very close and allowing team Thai in could affect a year of hard work if taken out by them. At the least I hope there will be a reveiw of the rules for next year. Sure would be nice to have more competitors in the fast classes.

Weak sauce. Apparently the other teams need to work harder then.

As has been pointed out elsewhere...Michael Pliska is able to run the truck in competition per the current rules. Points go with the driver...not the car.

Michael can run the truck since he is last years winner, same as the hypermax rail attending and not showing up to a single race this year.

here is what i think: if they get the licence thing figured out and can run, ask all pro stock teams if they care if he competes. all or nothing, i know wade wade wade will say no so that kinda shoots that down. the grudge race and a few exhibition runs sounds like a good idea.

here is Randy's quote "Here is the story -
Team Thailand did not qualify for the World Finals so they can not compete for title of NHRDA Pro Stock World Champion.

So they are going to make some NHRA licensing passes on both Friday and Saturday and if they get their temporary NHRA license on Saturday and when we are done with the World Finals in Pro Stock we are going to ask the new World Champion if he would do a grudge match race that would have Team Thailand versus NHRDA World Champion."

That last quote is car based. Running for the championship is driver based. If the Thai team puts Michael in the seat he can compete for the win in their car. Michael can compete in any car that meets the class rules. Any grudge racing after that would just be icing on the cake.

Why don't you do what we pullers do, have a class meeting before the race and ask if any one object that they race in the class. Make aware no points or earnings will be awarded to the team.

It would be pointless, Joe. Wade would throw a temper tantrum and it would be a waste of everyone's time. He can't say a word about someone else piloting the car though.
It's not about who wins...it's about getting some side by side Pro Stock action going.

That last quote is car based. Running for the championship is driver based. If the Thai team puts Michael in the seat he can compete for the win in their car. Michael can compete in any car that meets the class rules. Any grudge racing after that would just be icing on the cake.

**** YEAH!

It would be pointless, Joe. Wade would throw a temper tantrum and it would be a waste of everyone's time. He can't say a word about someone else piloting the car though.
It's not about who wins...it's about getting some side by side Pro Stock action going.

It's a shame that your predicted actions about Wade's actions are most likely truth.

Wade: Just being proactive here. "Get bent, douche"

Too bad he is banned, Id love to hear the excuses he brings as to why they shouldnt be allowed to run

Back