Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Friend of mine is looking at an 09 KW T800 with an ISX and 10 speed. Engine is bone stock. $55k. The truck has 496,000 miles and 24,000 hours. Does the hour amount seem high for the miles? Also what is the expected hour longevity of an ISX?

Any thoughts?
Is it worth the money or no way?
Thanks!!

Update: my buddy ended up buying this truck from Rush in Houston, TX. He noticed a few issues and Rush said take the truck and when you get home take it to a Kenworth dealer and we will pay to make the truck right. Main issues he noticed were leaking radiator, leaking rear end and some small odds and ends. He drove the truck roughly 1200 miles home and it used a gallon of coolant. Kenworth went through the truck and found 3 dropped liners and a bad head gasket along with leaking radiator and other odds and ends.

Now Rush is standing by their word and paying for a complete in frame.

I'm curious if there is anything in particular he should have done on the in frame while it's tore down? Obviously delete it, but is there anything else you would recommend?

They'll wind up cutting counter bores and shimming, should bring liners up and better than factory. Deletes are good and should hell immensely as well

Sent from my flashscan v2

Well we'll find out if the truck is fixed this morning. Air to air test showed nothing but a boot leaking pretty bad from what I was told. So all boots were replaced and we'll try it again this morning and see. I'm not sold that's the issue. However if a boot was leaking, that obviously wasn't helping none.

Well we'll find out if the truck is fixed this morning. Air to air test showed nothing but a boot leaking pretty bad from what I was told. So all boots were replaced and we'll try it again this morning and see. I'm not sold that's the issue. However if a boot was leaking, that obviously wasn't helping none.

Well....what's the verdict?

7FD31C11-DF58-40A7-AE24-1D038C8D5276_zps4rabsdwe.png

Cat style outlet.
0b65f0acd223c8701a5214d7fd1f5be6.jpg

No longer "might need a turbo" lol. Wheres the best place?

It's even worse than that, the shroud is broke loose and flailing about. I can't believe it didn't exolode.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think that stage 1 borg. We'll see how fast I can get one, need the truck and it ran ok with a stock turbo.

Our charger had the inducer bore break loose also and put a protrusion cut on the wheel. Nothing about 1200$ from Peterbilt coudnt fix.

Yep, very similar. I haven't heard of them doing this often. This turbo is still tight, it had a couple light witness marks a couple months ago but you couldn't get it to touch by hand.

Was $1200 for a reman? Our dealer wanted $2300 for a replacement.

It's to bad you couldn't get a BW factory replacement. My dad noticed a big difference putting one on his C, that I now have on my B. I think that was about $1,200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back