Super myth

Originally Posted by Leiffi
Many others have been setup like that for years.
not likely
First time I saw one live was about 15 years ago, seen 2 more since and I know there are many others. Later I found out that Volvo used same system in their 6 liter distribution truck engine, that's probably where racers have copied the system. So, no, you didn't found it.

First time I saw one live was about 15 years ago, seen 2 more since and I know there are many others. Later I found out that Volvo used same system in their 6 liter distribution truck engine, that's probably where racers have copied the system. So, no, you didn't found it.

Saw those too, sorry, not the same.

There are not many types of Roots-blower. Topfuel uses latest and greatest Hi-Helix type, what type is yours ?

Screw type, 3/5 lobe rotors. Not the same.

I'm also not asking the SC to do nearly the work theirs do. remember, in mine, the SC is only used under low rpm/load situations, otherwise the turbos are doing the work and the SC is just spinning free. :Cheer:

Screw type, 3/5 lobe rotors. Not the same.
Then it's taking much more power when freewheeling because it's compressing air all the time, Roots is not a compressor so it spins freely when not under boost.

To me your system looks the same like the ones I have seen, except screw type which is not wise.

I love it when 2 knowledgeable people go at it, neither giving in.....

Leiffi trying to discredit Turbolvr's ingenuity.

Turbolvr trying to show us a setup that he's never seen anybody else have.

I love it when 2 knowledgeable people go at it, neither giving in.....

Leiffi trying to discredit Turbolvr's ingenuity.

Turbolvr trying to show us a setup that he's never seen anybody else have.

Turbolvr, can you show us some dyno graphs to your setup? I'd love to see the curves this makes.

This is a graph from a fellow on here I helped (pm only) get his super/turbo system working. red curve is belt off/turbo only:
[ame="http://s815.photobucket.com/user/turbolvr/media/Mobile%20Uploads/10653609_337903746369242_3557515703762358823_n_zps0f365c20.png.html"]10653609_337903746369242_3557515703762358823_n_zps0f365c20.png Photo by turbolvr | Photobucket[/ame]

Did you just machine a plate to bolt the supercharger to, and then mount it to an accessible place on the engine? As cheap as those are, I am interested in trying it along with a single s475 I have sitting on the bench.

This is a graph from a fellow on here I helped (pm only) get his super/turbo system working. red curve is belt off/turbo only:
10653609_337903746369242_3557515703762358823_n_zps0f365c20.png Photo by turbolvr | Photobucket

Wait... Didn't you just show us that your statement is false? The turbo only curve is over 30 hp more than with the super charger belt on. 30 hp at only 469 hp is a good chunk of power. Tell me if I am wrong. Obviously the supercharged curve would be way more fun to drive though.

He used a different, less efficient super, and it shows exactly what I did. The super ONLY uses 30hp to triple the area under the curve in his case. It wouldnt matter if he had 100hp or 1000hp, the super would still only consume 30hp of it in this type of system. Similar to the way compounds make less peak power than the primary would as a single.

I'm confused about this.
If it's turning, it's consuming energy. Bottom line, no discussion needed. How much is more than debatable. Sullaire, LeRoi and a few others send their compressors into vacuum to unload them.

I could have sworn there was a volvo penta using a differential pressure valve to prevent compounding.

Back