2nd gear lock up?

Lostnwalmart

So is this Correct info or steer clear?

Not quite, it allows you to do so after the Valve Body has been modified. A stock VB will not lock in manual 2nd or 1st, they will not lock in 1st gear while in D either, nor will they allow a 4-3 locked downshift.

Some JB weld placed here will get you 2nd lockup
2012-12-01_16-36-37_748_zps4391c2f1.jpg

Here is a better overview of where you will be placing it.
2012-12-01_16-37-55_564_zpsfd54452b.jpg

This shows the passage through the separator plate that you are ultimately blocking.
2012-12-01_16-48-08_683_zps7fd1ad7c.jpg

He had second gear lockup up but lost it and is wondering if it could be a simple issue, such as a plug falling out

You guys can ask spence if it works if you don't believe me... Trust me, when I finally figured out how to do it I was dumbfounded that it was so simple.

I know jb weld is strong, but I find it hard to believe that any company would use that in a valve body.

Mine is a stock VB and I have 2nd gear luck up IF I have it shifted manually in 2nd.
If it's in D it won't lock till 3rd :-\

Edit, forgot to ask.
If that's done and your driving in D will it lock in 2nd then 3rd 4th etc?

sent from my mobile thingy while picking my nose.

Last edited:
I built a pretty thick dam just for insurance, I dont think it will ever come apart though.

What about tapping it for a pipe plug lol? I guess ill pull mine apart this week and see if this works and report back. Also going to go with some jd hydragard to try and lower my stall a bit. Spence do you have my number? If so text me.

Mine is a stock VB and I have 2nd gear luck up IF I have it shifted manually in 2nd.
If it's in D it won't lock till 3rd :-\

Edit, forgot to ask.
If that's done and your driving in D will it lock in 2nd then 3rd 4th etc?

sent from my mobile thingy while picking my nose.

a stock VB will lock 2nd manual if you take off from a stop, it will not if you put it in manual 2nd.

what these guys are going for is manual 2ndgear lock.

Back