2nd gear lock up?

Pretty simple to lose track of where said check balls go too ;) honestly hardest part for me has always been the parking rod haha. Not hard to do though. Just pay attention to things and keep it clean.

What about tapping it for a pipe plug lol? I guess ill pull mine apart this week and see if this works and report back. Also going to go with some jd hydragard to try and lower my stall a bit. Spence do you have my number? If so text me.

No I don't but ill post a pic of it here

5ujepu4e.jpg

I didn't mix the JB weld to set thick enough so I had to put shoe laces on either end to keep the JB weld from oozing out in the passage, also you want to build the JB weld up so you can razor it off flush. Worked great, MANUAL 2nd gear lockup is awesome.

I know I used to have it LOL im assumeing what ever the builder used broke away. He is now drunk dead or in jail sigh so I am on my own. But free jb weld vs 500 $ vb is a win for me and will let me start playing with dug races.

Last edited:
Any advantage of full manual vb vs doing this mod for street trucks?

I would think it would be a pain in the ass for a dd truck.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Any advantage of full manual vb vs doing this mod for street trucks?

I would think it would be a pain in the ass for a dd truck.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

??? It will only lockup when the switch is fliped so its all driver controled and can be exactly how you had it before.

??? It will only lockup when the switch is fliped so its all driver controled and can be exactly how you had it before.

Should have been more clear with that. A full manual vb would be a pain in the ass for a dd.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Hmm.....i guess im pulling my vb out again. Thanks for the idea Clifford!

Cliff, I love my hygard in warm weather, but it's not as good in the cold. Fine once it warms up, but stinks until it is. Just a heads up man.

anyone have a good method for getting that parking rod out? Ive taken the clip off before and left the rod in, but it was a major PITA

Cliff, I love my hygard in warm weather, but it's not as good in the cold. Fine once it warms up, but stinks until it is. Just a heads up man.

My stall is 2400 so if I can get it to drop to 2100-2200 id be happier.

anyone have a good method for getting that parking rod out? Ive taken the clip off before and left the rod in, but it was a major PITA

With it in 1st gear and hanging from a pair of long bolts in the short bolt holes it's much easier. The 90° Oring pick makes life easier too... I can't for the life of me get the rod to go back home even with all the transmissions I've built and serviced, so I've always just pulled the E-clip.

Full manual VBs aren't any worse then driving a 5 speed :poke:

Back