II CP3 modded Pump VS. a bag of parts

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I went by Industrial Injection this week, and wow, they have some really cool machines.
I watched as they finished up my pumps for the dragster, and I saw what it takes to make a CP3 pumps perform. I heard a sales call about a kit that promises all the things they do for a CP3 pump in a box containing 3 parts.

After they quite laughing, they showed me the test machine that cost $80,000, and told me that the parts that are in that kit would make a little difference, and were basic part of what made a CP3 pump a stage 2 pump, but were only a part of it , and compared to a full on assembled and tested CP3 it was a gamble to get it right . I watched his guys assemble a pump in a clean environment, and the tolerances were so small, like .00001

Brady told me that the parts which were in the kit on the internet for sale with the proper II modifications will sell for a lot less , and with the appropriate modifications, ones that have showed gains on the test stand and not someone’s guess at it.

I have made 947 hp with Project X and a .125 jet of nitrous with one of Industrial Injections stage 2 pumps and a single Silver Bullet Turbo all the while maintaining 26.800 lbs of rail pressure . This is what you can expect for a II pump , and with a Bag of parts , ohh well you know
you get what you pay for

Last edited:
Wow.... That was almost like sitting in front of the TV and watching a commercial. Except no mute button....LOL :hehe: LOL

Just bustin your balls..... Cant wait to see what the next commercial is for! :pop:

Good deal, too bad that the cost of the product fluctuates from List to wholesale all year long. I think II sells good stuff, they just run a mile in Glass with Sandals every day..

we buy so much our price has accually gone down a bit.:poke:

II makes and produces what others dream of = a quality product that outperforms right out of the box the first time.

Not just a bag of parts that are promised might help some.

Love there products, Love there service.

Last edited:
Any one who thinks a Upgrade kit for the CP3 is equal to a full shop modified II or III CP3 is delusional. but for thse with lightly modiied truck who want a little more fuel support it is a great buy. I agree you get what you pay for, and some of us can not justify $1500 to $3000 bucks for a Modified CP3. $400.00 works for m and it does what I wanted it too.

Any one who thinks a Upgrade kit for the CP3 is equal to a full shop modified II or III CP3 is delusional. but for thse with lightly modiied truck who want a little more fuel support it is a great buy. I agree you get what you pay for, and some of us can not justify $1500 to $3000 bucks for a Modified CP3. $400.00 works for m and it does what I wanted it too.
The problem is that this is not all the answer. If the bag of parts is not installed correctly, calibrated on a test stand, and verified as a complete unit, the results can and apparently have turned out disastrous. Industrial Injection has been inundated with people having to send in their pumps and have they repaired after the cheep fix / trick of the week fails .

The truth is speed / power cost, if your building a power program, there is money well spent else where. A CP3 pump upgrade is a foundation upgrade , if you want to build power , you should do it right the first time and not rely on trick of the week deals
He is food for thought , a single II CP3 pump and single silver Bullet turbo , with very small [ 29 LPM ] but efficient injectors made 598 on Project X with no programmer , and no fuel box

I have not heard of anyone buying the kit having any of those problems, but I have heard of the Do it yourself CP3 mod some people having problems. I myself investigated doing the CP3 mod and I have full access to CNC machines and I thought it was to risky for myself, when I could buy a kit for $399.00.
I'm not saying anything against buying the Stage II and Stage III kit. It would have just been a waste for me to purchase that when I'm not wanting to get to that kind of power.

We now have the capability to run modified CP3 pumps with modified injectors on our new teststand. What this gives you is a proof of delivery and performance. We can print off the results of the tests performed. This give you assurances that you have the fueling to make your hp goal. As always our mods. have been tested and proven. We do rebuild C/R injectors and CP3's in house. We can run 6 injectors at a time and tweek them to be a perfect matched set. Our mods are much more than 3 parts. Many people have called and asked if we would sell some parts. Yes we can. To buy C/R parts from Bosch you must be an authorized service center for C/R (DSD). We are an authorized Bosch DSD for Common Rail and have the largest inventory of C/R parts and complete Injectors/CP3 pumps in the country. Dodge C/R Injectors new from Bosch have dropped in price by Bosch and by us at IIS since January 1st. Hope this helps you in any way. Thanks

The CP3 pumps can be overhauled "sorta" but the plunger's can not be re-built! The tolerances are too tight and Bosch does not have a re-build procedure for the CP3 pumps.

I have tried to be civil in my post. Truth of the matter is, we have 100% total customer satisfaction with the Arson CP3 kit. I have replaced 1 FCA, that was sticking. II isn't fixing any of my goofs, don't flatter yourselves. Gains from 30 to 80 RWHP have been proven on the dyno. Unlike the information that Greg has given, there are no calibrations to be done. There are no screws to turn, no adjustments to be made. Fact is it works and people like what works. The start of CP3 mods is what the kit stands for and replicates, I guarantee you that more is readily available. Actually the most is available and you don't have to look far. Common parts for the common man, not everyone can afford to spend big money, especially when its not needed. No need to gouge the working man.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP461
A CP3 pump upgrade is a foundation upgrade , if you want to build power , you should do it right the first time and not rely on trick of the week deals
Greg, I like this comment

Wicked:

I did not mean that comment to be a direct bash at the BOX, I meant that everyone should MOD the CP3 in one way or another..... I do believe the CP3 is a "Foundation" item in any performance project.

Sorry if it looked like we were pointing at your product.

Yes, Jack
The CP3 is the foundation of power production. I appreciate the clarification on your behalf. There are many ways to approach modifications, with that said, there is only so much that can be done. 100% volumetric efficiency, is all that will ever be acieved, based upon displacement. I may not have all the super expensive equipment, a huge inventory of spare parts or a think tank of engineers, but I do have a good brain and know how to use it. I guess 22 years as an engine machinist has prepared me for these Diesels. Innovation is born from necessity. You know what is funny, I have never seen what ANYONE does to mod a pump, with the exception of the Relentless DIY mod, wonder how we got to 270 LPH @3500 rpm...

we buy so much our price has accually gone down a bit.:poke:

II makes and produces what others dream of = a quality product that outperforms right out of the box the first time.

Not just a bag of parts that are promised might help some.

Love there products, Love there service.

Is that why you tout of your Darkside CP3 pump, I follow what is being said and by whom......

I went by Industrial Injection this week, and wow, they have some really cool machines.
I watched as they finished up my pumps for the dragster, and I saw what it takes to make a CP3 pumps perform. I heard a sales call about a kit that promises all the things they do for a CP3 pump in a box containing 3 parts.

After they quite laughing, they showed me the test machine that cost $80,000, and told me that the parts that are in that kit would make a little difference, and were basic part of what made a CP3 pump a stage 2 pump, but were only a part of it , and compared to a full on assembled and tested CP3 it was a gamble to get it right . I watched his guys assemble a pump in a clean environment, and the tolerances were so small, like .00001

Brady told me that the parts which were in the kit on the internet for sale with the proper II modifications will sell for a lot less , and with the appropriate modifications, ones that have showed gains on the test stand and not someone’s guess at it.

I have made 947 hp with Project X and a .125 jet of nitrous with one of Industrial Injections stage 2 pumps and a single Silver Bullet Turbo all the while maintaining 26.800 lbs of rail pressure . This is what you can expect for a II pump , and with a Bag of parts , ohh well you know
you get what you pay for
So basically your bashing the Arson CP3 mod...very classy. And I'm quite sure that mod wasnt intended for people expecting to make 947hp...just for the average joe trying to keep up, not everyone has 2k to drop on a pump.$.02.

The fact is, Robert asked me to ship him some parts. I have helped Robert before as he is my friend. I told even him to send his CP3 pump in so that we can adjust it correctly to make sure he ends up with what he is trying to do. I do not know what he has at this time, but I am sure it was because he didn't want to down his truck. BUT from this thread I can clearly see that there is a need for a Stage 1 update kit that we know will work.

One last thing, all CP3 pumps are not the same. They are made in a factory and come out with wide acceptable tolerances. They also are subject to wear, dirt and water contamination. When we modify CP3 pumps as in ALL our pumps, adjustments have to be made and different sizes and parts must be used. That is why we have spent $120,000.00 todate to be able to service our customers at the level that they demand.

Wickediesel, I have not come out here against you as we respect ALL DIESEL INNOVATORS. GOOD LUCK TOO YOU!

Last edited:
Here is what I can tell you.

I pay full retail for an Industrial Injection mod'd CP3.

I brought it to the dyno. We did baselines.

I swaped out an LBZ pump with the Industrial pump.

Horsepower went up. A bunch. The number are for my use.

I don't run their stickers, I do not get a discount, I don't sell their stuff.

But this product does increase HP significantly.

I was skeptical at first though. As I have witnessed other trucks show nothing with other mod'd CP3's. And II has been known to throw around exaggerated claims. But they made me a believer.

something we can agree on although i do get discounts and am proud to run there stickers i too have seen very nice gains with modidfed ii pumps.keep up the goos job ..........jess

I have tried to be civil in my post. Truth of the matter is, we have 100% total customer satisfaction with the Arson CP3 kit. I have replaced 1 FCA, that was sticking. II isn't fixing any of my goofs, don't flatter yourselves. Gains from 30 to 80 RWHP have been proven on the dyno. Unlike the information that Greg has given, there are no calibrations to be done. There are no screws to turn, no adjustments to be made. Fact is it works and people like what works. The start of CP3 mods is what the kit stands for and replicates, I guarantee you that more is readily available. Actually the most is available and you don't have to look far. Common parts for the common man, not everyone can afford to spend big money, especially when its not needed. No need to gouge the working man.

Hear Hear
I am very happy with your kit! and I can't justify spending more for a whole CP3.

Back