95 Dodge with 160 pump goes 12.05 at Samoa.

RonA

95 Dodge 4/4 auto. Stock head w/ studs.160 pump has never been off the truck. 25degs timing, dual feed, cut dv's, 4k kit,custom plate, rack cap, afc mods. Running II Dragon flows, and a 64/71/.8 charger.
12.05 @ 110
1.61 60ft.
Et's on a budget for sure.

Ron

Damn, you can't help but love that little devil!!!!!!

Running which injectors?

Damn, you can't help but love that little devil!!!!!!

Running which injectors?
Dragon flows. Kind of makes me feel stupid for buying a 215. So much for the theory on how much power you can make with a stock pump and a few simple bolt ons. No porting, stock cam. Ouch!Tranny is shifting from second to third and then right to overdrive without letting it pull up in 3rd. Just changing that will put it into the 11's easily. Outstanding!

What's the race weight of the truck?

I've never been fully convinced that the 160 pumps are at THAT much of a disadvantage compared to the 913 Holy Grail.

Beers,

Matt - 160 pump owner/operator

Dragon flows. Kind of makes me feel stupid for buying a 215. So much for the theory on how much power you can make with a stock pump and a few simple bolt ons. No porting, stock cam. Ouch!Tranny is shifting from second to third and then right to overdrive without letting it pull up in 3rd. Just changing that will put it into the 11's easily. Outstanding!

If the pump tuner knows what he does

u are absolutely right on that.. Jeff garmon and Joe hellman are two of those gurus.... That bein said, i have no plans on takin the pump off the truck...

Rick

The owner of this 95 does a pretty good job on them also.(Brad Ponci)

Well Brad, whens the next trip to the track????

I imagine 11's shouldn't be any problem!!

Well Brad, whens the next trip to the track????

I imagine 11's shouldn't be any problem!!

Soon Daneilson. Have a few more secret squirl mods going on. When i met my wife at the tower recieving the time slip and the only thing she could say is (you sob, nobody is going to believe this) My goal is to hit 11.50 on fuel only with a 160hp pump that has never been off the truck. Then maybe Hammer will understand that proper presentation of the fuel is a good thing. Still fishing!! Bueller, bueller, Bueller.

95 Dodge 4/4 auto. Stock head w/ studs.160 pump has never been off the truck. 25degs timing, dual feed, cut dv's, 4k kit,custom plate, rack cap, afc mods. Running II Dragon flows, and a 64/71/.8 charger.
12.05 @ 110
1.61 60ft.
Et's on a budget for sure.

Ron

Way to go Brad :rockwoot:

There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears I'm sure in it, but I'm willing to bet that bold part contributes more than it's fair share to the goal.

stock 160 pumps in the 11's ?? You cant do that...... on the west coast ;-)

11.89/111.0 this morning with a 60ft of 1.625(spinning the whole way). cold track(2nd run on the track this morning). Excellent job Brad.

Ron

Niceee run Brad, if it doesnt rain next sunday I will let you know how i do. Thanks again. Brian

update: made it into semi-final round, got bumped out on a 11.90 dial in, ran a 11.88 at 111.39mph 1.65 60ft. ran a 7.51 in the 660. buck'n a head wind all day still ran better than expected for a little old 230,000 mile 160 pump. little change before J and H event, hope it works out!!! thanks for the support.

Want to shed some light on mods? I'm in the process of gathering ideas for my truck. PM some info or if you want to keep it tight lipped I can understand.

Soon Daneilson. Have a few more secret squirl mods going on. When i met my wife at the tower recieving the time slip and the only thing she could say is (you sob, nobody is going to believe this) My goal is to hit 11.50 on fuel only with a 160hp pump that has never been off the truck. Then maybe Hammer will understand that proper presentation of the fuel is a good thing. Still fishing!! Bueller, bueller, Bueller.

11 second single turbo all diesel fuel! Nice work. :Cheer:
My 160's been high 11's with stock delivery valves & a 66mm single, & I have yet to be able to outrun Phil's (slowpoke) 95 4x4 with it's original 160, so I agree, 11.50 on a 160 pump is very doable.
I dont know of any all diesel 160's that have been mid 11's yet, so I think with a .50 or .60 you'll be there first.
How many other 11sec 160's are hiding out there ???

Back