95 Dodge with 160 pump goes 12.05 at Samoa.

UPDATED #s

Just got back from the track.(test-n-tune) Ran a 11.73@114.5mph with a 1.66 60ft. Spun off the line out 5-8ft. More chassis work in the making. Going back out tomorrow. (points race) Hope traction isn't as much of an issue. Well see!!!!

How much does this 94' weigh? Are you launching at less than 20 psi still or was that 12 psi launch video just for fun?

What does it take trans wise to hold up to all this 1/4 mile fun? Just billet input, output, apply lever, valve body, and TC, or does it have extra clutches etc?

It weighs in at 6100lbs. I tried launching at 16lbs,12lbs and 10lbs. I spun all 4 tires on all the runs. As far as trans goes i built a 47rh with billit input and intermetiet shafts. I run a Goerend valve body with a 15blade l/c tripple disk converter, updated front servo, apply lever and strap. Trans works great and is very consistant.

It weighs in at 6100lbs. I tried launching at 16lbs,12lbs and 10lbs. I spun all 4 tires on all the runs. As far as trans goes i built a 47rh with billit input and intermetiet shafts. I run a Goerend valve body with a 15blade l/c tripple disk converter, updated front servo, apply lever and strap. Trans works great and is very consistant.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the 6100lbs is without the driver :hehe:
Love ya man!! :Cheer:

Good lord... That's fast! :bow: any tips for a fellow 160 pump owner on that pesky high end popping?

I just got a call from brad.
11.641 @115.38
1.69 60ft
1/8 time 7.45@93.17mph.

Getting ready to turn the boost up and try again.

Great job Brad! (but it needs more air )

115mph @ 6100lbs means it's making more HP than mine. I'm only 5900 with me & a half tank of fuel. :Cheer:

He just ran a few minutes ago:

1.698 60ft
7.399@93.65 in the 1/8th.
11.607@116.28 1/4

I could see him smiling over the phone.

He just ran a few minutes ago:

1.698 60ft
7.399@93.65 in the 1/8th.
11.607@116.28 1/4

I could see him smiling over the phone.

Getting faster.....headed to elims with a 11.56 under his belt!! :rockwoot:

Good lord... That's fast! :bow: any tips for a fellow 160 pump owner on that pesky high end popping?

I know all about the high end stuttering. It used to bother me something awful. At about 2800rpm under load, my truck would lay down and start sputtering. Checked my fuel pressure, and it looked fine. Put a new stock mechanical lift pump on it, and it still did it. Stretched the overflow valve, and it still did it. Finally, I put a carter 4601hp pusher pump on it from jegs(About $100), and plumbed it into the fuel line between the tank and the stock lift pump. I left the stock pump in place, and have the carter pushing through it. Now it will pull to 3500rpm no problem. I dont really have the fuel, timing, or turbo for more RPM than that anyways, but I sure am glad i got it stopped. So basically, to save you a lot of trouble, no matter what your fuel pressure gauge reads, as long as your timing is decent, then there is no way around needing a pusher pump to get the stuttering stopped. Hope this helps, because i chased the problem forever, and finally figured it out. I guess it is a matter of fuel volume. Teddy Bear on here can attest to the difference in my truck and the stuttering before and after the Carter pump.

Eric

Slips and videos are up!

Had a great day at the track. Changed a few things this morning before leaving. Reset timing from 26.5 degrees to 30.5 degrees. Lowered boost down to 48lbs for a starting point. Dropped tire pressure down. Played with my wastegate controller. End result was better than expected. Max boost was 53lbs. Still had traction issues. My 11.52 run, I spun for about 5 ft. Truck runs ok for a little 160 pump and a single 64.80-71 turbo. I think she has more in it. I can smell 11.4?. Here are the time slips and videos below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IHrb0oBU84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHP6Y2EcYb4

Attachments

• time slip. 7-20-08. 01.zip
    84.6 KB · Views: 7
  • time slip. 7-20-08. 02.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Brad it looks like your hard work is paying off. I am thinking about naming July set a record with a 12v month!

Good job Brad! It looked like you were having fun.

Oh, yeah, ignore Jeff on the weight comment. All the good diesel racers pack there own ballast! LOL

Paul

Back