Easy drive pressure gauge filter

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
We were talking about these the other day so I went out shopping this morning. I wanted to stay away from the ones that use a rubber hose to make the transition and I found this for 4 bucks with a 1/8NPT male on one end and a 3/8NPT female on the other.
dp1.jpg

Slapped on a few fittings I had sitting around for the transition from steel line to nylon.
dp2.jpg

Threw it in the truck and it's done.
dp3.jpg

It seems to have quited down some of the flutter in the gauge...not all of it though.
The only reason I did it is because I'm tired of removing the a-pillar pod to blow out the line from the gauge back to the manifold. If I can get away with just swapping out a filter every so often then I'll be happy.

looks good rich. do you have a part number and where you picked it up at?

X2 on the part number, I made a filter using steel wool, it worked for about a month and a half but a few days ago I had to blow it out.

looks like the fuel filter that was in my '83 f150 with the strait 6 gas. good idea there rich.

Wasn't my idea...someone else mentioned it a few days ago and had some pics up. I just didn't want the rubber hoses connecting everything and stumbled across this filter that let me screw everything together instead.

I went with a cheap harbor freight compressed air filter, with the removable brass element. I am hoping I can soak the element and clean it. We will see how it works.

I stopped at Home Depot and got an air filter for putting inline with your air tools. It has a bowl you can remove so you can clean the element.

Not this one exactly, but kind of like this

Interesting. Might look into that if this fuel filter doesn't last long.

60 miles for me too... Even had to leave the state or it would have been 90 miles to find one in Nebraska...

I do like the inline fuel filter, I looked at autozone and couldn't find an 1/8 to 1/8 and was afraid that they would have some goofy thread on one end.

When you guys are plugging up what are the symptoms...not reading at all, not maxing out, or just slow responding? I have yet to clean mine with 1/8 copper and an electric sender and the thing seems to react quick but the overall drive seems a little low.

My filter was 1/4 fpt and has the removable bowl with the brass filter and now the bowl is collecting condensation from the exhaust in the bottom and has been on for over a week now and no problems. This could be the fix.....

Well, i'm working on this drive pressure filter today.. I have some 20" brake lines, the filter. need to get to the home depot for some fittings.

I'll post pics

finding the parts for this project is a pain the ass. I need to find a compression fitting to 1/8NTP and I should be all set, I managed to string together everything else.

finding the parts for this project is a pain the ass. I need to find a compression fitting to 1/8NTP and I should be all set, I managed to string together everything else.

Dont know if you have Menards out that way, but they sell them. I have also gotten them at Ace Hardware.

Back