Easy drive pressure gauge filter

Rich, what brand of filter are you using? I bought this filter from Carquest since I am using drive pressure to control my VGT, and it seems to be letting some soot through.. When it does this it keeps my housing closed and makes it a lot harder for my wastegate actuator to open the housing. I am not sure if it will make much of a difference from one brand to the next, but for $6 its worth a shot.

Brett

I honestly don't remember and I'm nowhere near the truck to look.

IMG_1973.jpg

what are you guys using for tubing after the filter, going to the gauge? i was using the white colored tubing, and it melted off the filter the other day.. ive got about 10' of copper tubing from the manifold to the filter too..

a leak? maybe inside the filter itself?

I would say after the filter or the filter. If it is "air tight" you shouldn't be having hot gas travel up the tube, but with a leak, the hot gas will travel up the tube.

ok, thanks man, ill check it out and see whats up with it..

I'd like to find a way to try to keep the moisture out of mine. I am using drive pressure to control a VGT turbo and the water seems to be making it hard to move..

I'd like to find a way to try to keep the moisture out of mine. I am using drive pressure to control a VGT turbo and the water seems to be making it hard to move..

I had water pool in the bottom of my copper coil and freeze on me... So I put a T in the very bottom, added an inch or two of line, then put a valve on the end of that and drain it once in a while :Cheer:

HA! Purolator is the brand I sell at work... :D

Can someone verify the part number? I have been to autozone twice and it doesn't have a 3/8" NPT on the female end.

If you are still having problems with fluttering guages pressure spikes during operation Parker company makes a pressure snubber. We use these in the high pressure gas industry work well on issues like this I did use them for mine and had to add them when I went to transducers for data loging.
Here's a link to parker they come in many piping configurations tube to tube or mpt or fpt of a combo of both. They also make great inline tube filters as well. There are also other brands out there.

Thttp://www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.de7b26ee6a659c147cf26710237ad1ca/?vgnextoid=fcc9b5bbec622110VgnVCM10000032a71dacRCRD&vgnextdiv=687505&vgnextcatid=1537973&vgnextcat=GF++PRESSURE+SNUBBER+VALVE&Wtky=&vgnextfmt=ENhey

I don't remember the part number, but I got mine from Carquest and it has NPT threads on each end. I just told them to get me a fuel filter for like an 86 F150 with a straight six in it.. So maybe try Carquest, if you don't have one near you I can swing by mine on Saturday morning and get the part number.

I looked at 3 filters one including the 86 f150. Are you guys really putting the screws to get the 3/8NPT into the female threads?

Someone show me a pick of a guage what pressure should i expect to see? Is this the same as a boost guage?

It IS a boost gauge. It should ideally run 1:1 with your actual boost gauge. Less drive than boost is even better...more drive isn't bad...untill it starts getting way outta whack. Like 70drive/60boost is still decent....100drive/60boost ain't so good. LOL

Back