Easy drive pressure gauge filter

Dont know if you have Menards out that way, but they sell them. I have also gotten them at Ace Hardware.

For the brake line that will be the lead off of the exhaust manifold. it's not a normal 1/8. I got most of my parts from menards this morning.

So I had just got the filter installed and was testing it out Saturday night (22nd) and I blew 4th gear out!! So I havent been able to test it out yet...

the thick "brilo" pad works well too...not steel wool..but the thick burley brilo stuff.

Well I have been driving it for a week or so and I just noticed that the nylon line after the filter is just starting to turn black for about 8" or so... Ill be watching it close.

Which of the filters above have worked the best or have proven to filter the soot the longest before cleaning the gauge?

I am using a simple inline air tool filter I bought from granger. I think it was $7 with a brass 60 micron filter inside thats replaceable. We will see how it works.

My 1/4" water seperator with the brass cartridge is working fine.

thinking about plumbing mine w/ a stainless ball valve off the manifold... open it for testing, close it back up for every day driving

thought I'd bring this back up. Wanted to see if anyone found their filter to work the way they hoped

Mine is still runnin fine after a season of "Heavy Soot" runs

Mine is still working perfect...ever since I started this thread.

I'm glad you brought this back up. My gauge quit working a few weeks ago and I've been looking for a fix. Thanks Richard

When you guys are plugging up what are the symptoms...not reading at all, not maxing out, or just slow responding? I have yet to clean mine with 1/8 copper and an electric sender and the thing seems to react quick but the overall drive seems a little low.
no filter needed before the electric sender ?

Mine is still working perfect...ever since I started this thread.

That's encouraging... Just picked one of these guys up for $5 from Fleet Farm. Makes me feel better about switching my VGT controls to drive pressure :Cheer:

I still havent changed my filter...works just fine.
Figured I'd update since this thread is back up.

Back