03-07 Calculations and Models (Solidworks, MATLAB, EXCEL) cont...

For example....

What I'm going to do with the fuel tables is create the fuel quantities using stock injector values and the user will input their "percent over" value to get quantity in MM3's.

Using "percent over" to convert for your injector size won't be that accurate since that is just the flow rating for the nozzle. Once it's on the body, the flow increase doesn't match up, and the spread between nozzle "percent over" and actual injector flow just gets bigger as the nozzle gets larger from flow sheets I've looked at. That being being said, I don't really know a better way to do it unless you calculated the actual percent differences at given test points and extrapolated from there. Anyways, awesome work doing something that will help out a lot of people.

Yeah, I mean the most accurate way to do it is obviously using the test flow data from the injectors, but at least for planning purposes a guy won't have to go "What size injectors should I run?" for the millionth time.

Just plug in the numbers for where you want your power at and see what you'll actually need to move.

You'll at least be able to talk to your tuner and injector builder and say I need XXX amount of fuel within these parameters.

Like I said, there will certainly have to be some fudge factor in it to make it useful over a broad scope.

Once I'm done with the calculations and a few other guys look it over, I'll post the actual files and you can use it however you want, modify what you want, etc.....it'll at least be a tool in the box.

I tell ya what would really help, if guys have their flow data from various size injectors I'd be able to interpolate between points a lot more accurately.

If you have your injector test data and don't mind posting it, it would help quite a bit with this part.

I have a handful of flow sheets saved from various threads over the years, I tried uploading them but attachments decided not to work for me today. If you'd like I can e-mail them to you.

I can get you some flow sheets from some duramax injectors also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I tell ya what would really help, if guys have their flow data from various size injectors I'd be able to interpolate between points a lot more accurately.

If you have your injector test data and don't mind posting it, it would help quite a bit with this part.

26079179986_738e76129a_k.jpg

Carry on :Cheer:

Thank you for sharing a solid insight at injection/piston location

Had to step away from the computer.......I was about to take the plasma to it.

I was doing the same conversion to get to mm3's for about 2 hours and I kept getting the exact same value for each rpm point. It wasn't until I shut the computer off that I figured out what I was screwing up.

I've got it all set for fuel to air mass where the user can input the AFR they want. I just need to fix the conversion from grams/sec to mm3's and that part will be all set. After that I can start building in the conversions for different injector sizes.

Unfortunately I'm gonna be covered up for about the next 2 weeks so I gotta put this little project on the back burner for a bit.

Back