1186hp Dyno on a VP44

Adam....His truck was set up different from when it made the 902 and 990. I know it has 10s in it and it is going to make some good power this weekend.

What are the details on this truck

hey chad sorry about that, thought that adam did back to back runs. i saw both dyno sheets and it was pretty impressive. i to know it has 10s in it. the truck listed here that did 1186 has a SPS66, ported and polished head, mach 7.5s, drag comp and a helix 2. also said he had enough nitrous to launch a shuttle lol which is fine and dandy but i stilli say bull on the 1186. thanks for clearing up adams dyno deal. on the 990 run it looked like it did spike to 990 but also looked like a solid 940 hp run. did he get the addrenaline to stop popping?

Adam (redstroke) did run 1111hp and it did not blow, it scattered the SB66 a month later at the drag strip.

thats what i had meant. sorry about that. i no he didnt blow the motor but i was talking about the turbo. there just aint no way a SPS 66 is going to live at that hp with out atleast an external wastegate, thats why i asked the guy if he had an external on it.

another thing that i noticed that i am calling bs on is the 699hp run on fuel only. highest REAL hp documented on fuel only is Boydo at 699.2 and thats with twins and the works. no way a 66 with fuel only is going to do almost 7 with 7.5s only. BS

Its cool...The addrenaline does weird stuff the day it ran 11.89 it would take off hard through first then fall on its face.....its not constient one minute it works great then the next it like its not even on. Hows your rig coming?

Hard to belive this is a so pump truck that did this

ABSOLUTELY impossible. I too myself have a fairly high hp VP truck and know what it takes and there is not way in heck that those mods will make that power. And being a 66 turbo thats like trying to suck jelly through a coffee straw on a 1000hp plus truck.

ABSOLUTELY impossible. I too myself have a fairly high hp VP truck and know what it takes and there is not way in heck that those mods will make that power. And being a 66 turbo thats like trying to suck jelly through a coffee straw on a 1000hp plus truck.

I highly doubt it too.....but keep in mind NOS is a turbo and can be a really big turbo.

Adam you are rite about 699 with a 66 on a VP is hard to belive.

I want some proof

Nitrous will not add tremendous HP unless you have a lot of fuel that your turbo can not burn. I have 7.5's and twins and sure its a lot of fuel but not enough for nitrous to add 400HP, for nitrous to add 200HP with this amount of fuel is a stretch but could be done.

I dont think the dyno sheet is made up, I think it is a real sheet, I just know that if your not picking up engine RPM on a dynojet then you'll end up with an inaccurate reading. So put your truck on the dyno that knows how to accurately dyno a diesel and show us your numbers.

Lavon

Lavon,

I'm not arguing that this is a legitimate number on a VP truck...

But a dynojet will read an accurate hp number without an rpm pick-up. It works off of the acceleration of the rollers. It can not calculate tq without the rpm information though. just my $.02

Chris

Lavon,

I'm not arguing that this is a legitimate number on a VP truck...

But a dynojet will read an accurate hp number without an rpm pick-up. It works off of the acceleration of the rollers. It can not calculate tq without the rpm information though. just my $.02

Chris

Thanks Chris, that makes sense, I stand corrected.

Adam....His truck was set up different from when it made the 902 and 990. I know it has 10s in it and it is going to make some good power this weekend.

What are the details on this truck

Hey Chad, where are you guys going this weekend? Tri Valley?

Hows your rig coming?

just got the duallie sold and i am going to pick up the race truck this friday from getting a full cage. its coming along pretty well and it will make its debute at the J & H show in june. i cant wait. did you figure out what your going to do with your truck?

It might be the worst day of the year for this thread if it not a joke. At least it is an uncorrected number on a dynojet. There is a spike, but it settles over 1000 hp. Maybe the joke is on me but I think congratulations are in order :clap:

A SB66 will require an external wastegate long before a SPS66. I do not see how a 73/80mm turbine wheel will support an additional 175hp over a 71/80mm turbine wheel. Face the facts people, John Deere did not develop the SB turbine to be operated at 50psi of manifold pressure.

see i would think you would need a external gat on a super phat shaft compared to a silver bullet, it not then whey have some pushed the sb to 70psi and had no problems, havent heard of anyone pushing a sps to 70.

The difference between the 71/80mm and 73/80mm is the turbine design or pitch of the blades. It is not hard to see why the SB turbine produces excessive drive pressure if you were to compare the two of them. Don't underestimate how much drive pressure the 71/80mm turbine wheel requires to produce 70psi of manifold pressure.

i understand what you are saying and this is just what i am thinking. would you have more backpressure with a SB doing 70psi of manifold pressure or would you have more with the SPS at 70? i would think the SPS would have more backpressure because it was not designed to run that high where as the silver bullet had been.

Back