12v hp #'s

Hey Man...
I DO get it which is why I am calling BS on their lofty claims.
Think about it Nick.....
So if your want use this comparison....

He claims 711 and 713 respectively out of a simple tweaked 215 pump,a plate that he claims to not know what it is and a 64/71 "Super B".

Last year at one of my events we had a 05 CR ride with dual CP3's,head work,big injectors,a II Silver Bullet and a programmer stack and it laid down 742.

So your now going to try and tell me that a minor tweaked,20+degree set non adjustable timing p-pump,when being run,will lay down almost as much power as a CR which has more fuel,better head flow and timing which can be adjusted with the push of a button?.

What part of none of it adds up do you not get Nick?.Better add those couple of degrees of timing your saying will put you where you need to be and let us know how many tenths you gain with them.BTW,ever see what that added timing does to your injector spray pattern in the piston bowl?.

Sorry if you think my comments are "hating" but when the numbers do not add up to support the claims I will call BS.They say "sit back and learn as the info is there" and to that I say I have been around all the bigger boards since 99 and I have yet to see anyone other than Adam Sprague post what he did to lay the number down he claimed with his killer 12v,and that was along time ago........Andy

P.S.-Riles.......There will come a time our paths will cross.

I see what you're getting at, but without knowing if that dyno was a plutonium operated machine on the face of mars in 985 kpa vs. a kryptonite spun hamburgler device used to measure the most finite elements of time one will never know ALL of the facts :p

Andy, my point is that I don't disagree with some of the things you've said, but it's just not worth bickering about. Sit back, have a :Cheer:, and enjoy the hobby man afterall none of us are pro's, atleast not me, and that's what this is all about (enjoying the Hobby). Brett, myself, and many others on this board try to help and give advice as best as our limited brains capacities allow. It's up to the reader to be able to consider all of the facts as well as the poster to consider all of the things which may be mis interpretted during conveyence of info.

Hey Man...
Think about it Nick.....

He claims 711 and 713 respectively out of a simple tweaked 215 pump,a plate that he claims to not know what it is and a 64/71 "Super B".

Last year at one of my events we had a 05 CR ride with dual CP3's,head work,big injectors,a II Silver Bullet and a programmer stack and it laid down 742.

So your now going to try and tell me that a minor tweaked,20+degree set non adjustable timing p-pump,when being run,will lay down almost as much power as a CR which has more fuel,better head flow and timing which can be adjusted with the push of a button?.

What part of none of it adds up do you not get Nick?.Better add those couple of degrees of timing your saying will put you where you need to be and let us know how many tenths you gain with them.BTW,ever see what that added timing does to your injector spray pattern in the piston bowl?.

Sorry if you think my comments are "hating" but when the numbers do not add up to support the claims I will call BS.They say "sit back and learn as the info is there" and to that I say I have been around all the bigger boards since 99 and I have yet to see anyone other than Adam Sprague post what he did to lay the number down he claimed with his killer 12v,and that was along time ago........Andy

I hope by then you've learned a little about proper fuel presentation and gotten rid of the rash that has you soooo grumpy, when our paths cross, look for the guy having a good time, the one who doesn't care that you spilled your milk:hehe:

Here we go again. Give koudos to a man that posts results. Great job! That goes to show you that proper fuel presentation works!

Hey Man...
Think about it Nick.....

Mybe you should spend more time tuning on the truck instead of 10 years on the internet.

P.S. Call Adam Sprague and ask who is gonna set the pump up on his new truck. Any Guesses?

It always cracks me up that there is someone who just refuses to believe someone else's results because they have never seen it done before.

Here's the bottom line. We have a dyno. We use the dyno. We get results.

If you go to an experienced dyno operator and spend hours and hours and a few thousand dollars and make close to 100 runs with tweaks in between, you can get results too. Of course you will need to know a few things about the secrets of P-Pumps and not a ton of people do.
Brett has the luxury of using our dyno for free. The knowledge he gains translates to much quicker tuning for our customers. That's why 600HP is becoming passe around here..

Hey Man...
Think about it Nick.....

For all of you that don't have ten years to spend on the diesel forums, I have condensed this post to make it faster to read.

Hey Man...
I do not know how to tune a p-pump....Andy

Andy not knowing what plate it was got me curios so i just pulled the AFC off, The only thing I saw was a part number 600+ you should try it out.

seeing as how there are many people in this thread with a much greater knowledge than me, I have a question. My truck's setup is in my sig. With the fuel that I have and lower timing I have people telling me all the time that it should be a smokey pig. My truck clears all smoke by about 15psi and will run right around 60 psi total. My question is, does this sound right to you's? Or do you think I have something not fueling like it should be? I have never dynoed it. I am not looking to have a smokey truck by any means, it just seams odd to me how well my truck clears up. Max egts are around 15-1600, run about 1000 getting up to speed and around 800 cruising. Thanks folks.

Fuel pressure? FWIW, we have very similar setups minus your bigger injectors and it takes me 70 psi to start to clear up my smoke, its not clean, but its not pouring black smoke either. At 15 psi, it will black out the sun if I lay into it with a gutted AFC.

Fuel pressure? FWIW, we have very similar setups minus your bigger injectors and it takes me 70 psi to start to clear up my smoke, its not clean, but its not pouring black smoke either. At 15 psi, it will black out the sun if I lay into it with a gutted AFC.

Thats what I was kind of thinking, I bought a guage the other day so I can check it. Could that make that big of a difference between our trucks?

Hey Man...
Think about it Nick.....

I would like to use a phrase I heard on another thread. "YOU SIR, ARE A IDIOT."

I would like to use a phrase I heard on another thread. "YOU SIR, ARE A IDIOT."

:clap::clap::clap:

I can vouch for the fact the Brett has spent countless hours on the dyno tuning that truck in.

I have been there for some of them to witness the thoughts being thrown around, the numerous times with the AFC off, make a run, springs in, make a run, one click here, make a run, two clicks there, make a run, plate change, make a run, adjust timing 2*, make a run, more timing, make a run....if you look at the number of runs that are stored on the computer at the shop....there has got to be atleast over 75-100 runs. All of them within the last 2-3 months.

Who else can sit here and bash Brett for what he has accomplished with out saying with a straight face that they have actually spent the brain power and man hours to sit and think of what will/wont work and PROVED it on the dyno????

I am in no way a 12v guy, but I cant sit here any longer while someone who doesnt know "Brett", bashes his knowledge and challenges his credability!

Anyone who knows Brett, knows what I mean!!!

Keep up the good work Brett, even though there are people who love to bash you down....you and you alone know the REAL truth.

Keep up the good work Brett, just ignore Mr Negative he can't help it he's just a (nice guy) :hehe:

Don't worry about the timing stock it's 14, 16 or 17 will gain you a tiny bit but those stock injectors have to go, they are screaming for an upgrade, stock 5 speed (215) injectors are no bad at all but auto (180) injectors are too small to do anything. If your going to stay with the stock turbo I'd say DDP 3's.....BOTW, I run stock DV's too!

Jim

I have a twin setup coming, if I can ever connect with kingS to go get them, so injectors will be the next needed upgrade. Well, maybe studs, o-rings, etc.:ft:

Back