12v hp #'s

sweet. how is your afc setup? mine setup for full rack travel, but i also have a 180 pump with stock 181's, a mack rack plug, 0 plate full forward, starwheel with a little tension on the spring. foot ground flat, washers on the back of the afc housing flipped around, and with 18* a 4kgsk set at 4clicks and Ii dragon flows i did 458/1075 but thats all on a stock turbo/housing, w/g blocked off. and that should be 21mm of rack travel. never measured. but the fuel never cleans up, i want to spray it once i upgrade the turbo and see what all this extra fuel will do for me. but with my good luck right after the transfercase gets rebuilt the rear end needs to be rebuilt. so things are taking a little longer.
Afc is set up tight, full fuel at 40 psi.
Brett, do you have a plate in the 215 pump? Wow, it seems like timing is where it's at!

How heavy is this truck? Just trying to see if your dyno numbers match your track times.

Thanks for sharing your efforts, much appreciated!!!:Cheer:

Also Brett, went back through some of your previous posts. What have you changed since the 111.x mph track run? Thanks man!
I am running a plate. I don't know whose profile it is, just one of many I've collected over the last few years and it seems to work best. My Truck didn't like a 100, 0, or no plate.

I figured weight was around 6850 at the track on the light side, I got to weigh it the day before and it was 6800 on empty, went to the track the next day with a little less than half a tank and no tools or tailgate.

I bumped the timing up to 25* and pulled the middle springs back out of the 4kgsk.

I would like to get my race truck on the dyno after my new tune to see how close to 700 i am. Too bad there so far away.

Any video of the dyno run ? People would have a hard time braking 550hp with a set up like that and you are over 700 :what:

I'd rather rely on track times/trap speeds at a given weight to get hp numbers which is why my interest lies on those items. If you dyno consistantly on the same dyno though, as Brett has done, one can see if things are helping or hurting and try to apply that to their truck. I agree 700+ is VERY optimistic but waiting on track times to make final judgement. Either way Bretts efforts are much appreciated!!! :)

Any video of the dyno run ? People would have a hard time braking 550hp with a set up like that and you are over 700 :what:

No video, but I can send you about 80 or 90 dyno sheets dating from January up until last friday night. Do you want my 12.28 @ 111 time slip too? Oh also if you want I'll go get a CA certified weight slip for my truck too. Say what you want about the number but I think that that mph at 6850 lbs+ put's the truck in that HP range.

No video, but I can send you about 80 or 90 dyno sheets dating from January up until last friday night. Do you want my 12.28 @ 111 time slip too? Oh also if you want I'll go get a CA certified weight slip for my truck too. Say what you want about the number but I think that that mph at 6850 lbs+ put's the truck in that HP range.

Well put Brett :Cheer:

Stock 160 pump
#0 plate
4k GSK
16* timing
191 DV's
stock 215 injectors from a 96 5spd
HX35 with 16cm housing

That made 337hp/772tq(dont laugh:hehe:)

I have since added my 58/65/16 hx40, and a carter pusher pump. It seems maybe 30hp stouter. Id be pretty happy with 360-370 out of it. I may dyno this weekend. Id like to put a rack plug in it and bump the timing a little to see if i can break 400hp before swapping to my new era 370's:rockwoot:

Eric

Say what you want about the number but I think that that mph at 6850 lbs+ put's the truck in that HP range.

I think the wieght and mph is in that hp range, i dont dissagree at all on that. I just think its really remarkable how your making that much power with what little you have done. Dont jump down my throat about it, Im just in amazment that others have not been able to follow suit.

Here's the sheet.
Brettdyno.jpg
[/IMG]

what kinda head work done to it?

Coop...
The left coasters us alot of this stuff to dyno and its not available to us.......

P.S.-Nick=:cheer:

Attachments

• Cali Tuning Dust.jpg
    Cali Tuning Dust.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 22
Coop...
The left coasters us alot of this stuff to dyno and its not available to us.......

**** I can't seem to find the little smiley face that says you are a nice guy :blahblah1: so this will have to do:kick:

Last edited by a moderator:
Coop...

Man you just don't stop lol. Stop hatin, start trying stuff on your own, and you too can have the magic pixie dust shoot from :shake:

seeing as how there are many people in this thread with a much greater knowledge than me, I have a question. My truck's setup is in my sig. With the fuel that I have and lower timing I have people telling me all the time that it should be a smokey pig. My truck clears all smoke by about 15psi and will run right around 60 psi total. My question is, does this sound right to you's? Or do you think I have something not fueling like it should be? I have never dynoed it. I am not looking to have a smokey truck by any means, it just seams odd to me how well my truck clears up. Max egts are around 15-1600, run about 1000 getting up to speed and around 800 cruising. Thanks folks.

Man you just don't stop lol. Stop hatin, start trying stuff on your own

Hey Man...
I DO get it which is why I am calling BS on their lofty claims.
Think about it Nick.....
So if your want use this comparison....

He claims 711 and 713 respectively out of a simple tweaked 215 pump,a plate that he claims to not know what it is and a 64/71 "Super B".

Last year at one of my events we had a 05 CR ride with dual CP3's,head work,big injectors,a II Silver Bullet and a programmer stack and it laid down 742.

So your now going to try and tell me that a minor tweaked,20+degree set non adjustable timing p-pump,when being run,will lay down almost as much power as a CR which has more fuel,better head flow and timing which can be adjusted with the push of a button?.

What part of none of it adds up do you not get Nick?.Better add those couple of degrees of timing your saying will put you where you need to be and let us know how many tenths you gain with them.BTW,ever see what that added timing does to your injector spray pattern in the piston bowl?.

Sorry if you think my comments are "hating" but when the numbers do not add up to support the claims I will call BS.They say "sit back and learn as the info is there" and to that I say I have been around all the bigger boards since 99 and I have yet to see anyone other than Adam Sprague post what he did to lay the number down he claimed with his killer 12v,and that was along time ago........Andy

P.S.-Riles.......There will come a time our paths will cross.

Back