12v hp #'s

Spent some more time on the dyno, can't wait to get the new setup to the track. I'll hopefully get to go on Wed night, or a test and tune on Sat.

The optical pickup on the dyno wouldn't work so no torque numbers, but ended up with 667Hp

They are all funny creatures that are good for measuring change

Good response. I'm fortunate enough to have a dyno in house so I can use it to do just that. How accurate the numbers are, I don't know. As long as I'm seeing power gained instead of lost I'm going in a positive direction. I've been able to make many runs with one change at a time to see wether it helps or hurts power.

Getting the truck out to the track will be the true test of how much power it's actually making.

I made 716 hp and 1190 ftlbs today on the dynojet at danville performance dyno day

drove over 400 miles round trip and got 18 mpg with 265 tires and 4:10 gears

truck has a single charger a 13mm pump with 181's 30* timing and I drive it everday.

Stock head and cam??? This is a 66mm s300 variant correct?
Stock head, cam, exhaust manifold, intake manifold and intercooler. I have a Super B special on the truck now(64/71/14).

I sold the USB 62, borrowed a 66 to see how I liked it and ended up buying the BD turbo. The 66 had more lag than I wanted to deal with so I ended buying the 64, plus I got a screaming deal on it. The 64 made a lot more power throughout the whole dyno run, I'll try to post a sheet tonight so you can see the difference.

Stock head, cam, exhaust manifold, intake manifold and intercooler. I have a Super B special on the truck now(64/71/14).

The 64 made a lot more power throughout the whole dyno run

Thats what i have been saying for a while now. Great numbers! keep up the good work.

Thats what i have been saying for a while now. Great numbers! keep up the good work.
Thanks Brad, I've been hearing you say it and the 64 is a better turbo. Heading to Sac on Saturday for the test n tune, so i'll see what it will do.

Brett, thanks man always appreciate anytime you can see back to back numbers comparing different combinations on the same truck!

Interesting observation, went to the track and ran 111.607 mph in the 1/4. Truck weighed 6850. Last week I made 667hp uncorrected.

The hp calculator on here says I make 646 hp at the wheels so i decided to check my dyno run SAE corrected and it came out to be 643.93. Judging by the corrected number and my mph the dyno is pretty accurate.

With my old motor....

160 pump with a cut plate and some custom DV's
66mm turbo
8x16 injectors
Hood Stack (thats good for at least an extra 100hp!)
And a clutch that wouldnt hold past 2500rpm
everything else stock

585hp/1142tq

Now with the new motor....800+ isnt out of the question with the 160 pump!!!!

I made 716 hp and 1190 ftlbs today on the dynojet at danville performance dyno day

drove over 400 miles round trip and got 18 mpg with 265 tires and 4:10 gears

truck has a single charger a 13mm pump with 181's 30* timing and I drive it everday.

Not to start a pissing match, but the number's dont sound right at all, your torque should be up 400-500lbs, most 12v's are making that much torque with mid 500 hp's.

Here's the set up 150DDP, 1/2 cut DV's, 60 lb springs,studs,oringed,#6 fuel plate, 4gsk, SPS62, AD150,Cam, i changed the timing from 16 to 18.5 and lost 8 HP and 100 Tq, here's what i'm thinking of going to 5gsk, Custom 66MM S400 W/T3flange full cut DV's. now is the #6 fuel plate good or not, someone told me to take it out but i dont know, would i benifit from that or better to go to a 0 plate or just leave it alone. the truck on the dyno was running out of fuel at high rpm's, but it made most of the torque around 2700-3300 so will this give me tq gains or just a higher reving engine.

Not to start a pissing match, but the number's dont sound right at all, your torque should be up 400-500lbs, most 12v's are making that much torque with mid 500 hp's.

542/1197 on Superflow Dyno

hx35/40-s475 twins
5x.014
191's
0 plate
airdog 150
4gsk
20*

You have to take in account that he is running 30* timing. If he would back that down to 20* the torque would jump up substantially, but he would also loose Horsepower. It just a balancing game between the two plus a setup like that i dont think will show proper torque values anyway. I assume he sled pulls and most biger pullers run off more HP than torque. Torque will tear stuff up. When hooked to a sled it will find its meat of the powerband it runs and go. I imagine it would be higher than what it was dynoed at because the dyno usaually crosses that line. From what i have been told, a general rule of thumb is 1:2 ratio of hp to tq until you start crossing 20* mark. Tim

here is the sheet from the dyno run i made a week or so ago figured i would get some opinions on power curves. and what you think as far the rise and fall of power.

Attachments

• dyno sheet 001.jpg
    dyno sheet 001.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 42
first one didnt show all the runs just the first one try this one i tried to outline the other runs with a pencil atleast the parts i could see printer was kinda out of ink

Attachments

• dyno edit.jpg
    dyno edit.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 13
You have to take in account that he is running 30* timing. If he would back that down to 20* the torque would jump up substantially, but he would also loose Horsepower. It just a balancing game between the two plus a setup like that i dont think will show proper torque values anyway. I assume he sled pulls and most biger pullers run off more HP than torque. Torque will tear stuff up. When hooked to a sled it will find its meat of the powerband it runs and go. I imagine it would be higher than what it was dynoed at because the dyno usaually crosses that line. From what i have been told, a general rule of thumb is 1:2 ratio of hp to tq until you start crossing 20* mark. Tim
I'll back that one up and add the fact that as you lower compression the torque numbers go way down. My last trip to the rollers netted 604rwhp/1032tq at 13.5:1 compression.

Back