12V with everyone's favorite 63/68/.88 charger!

This is interesting, I just ordered one of these for a local kid with "fully built 12v". Maybe his hamilton cam will offset that .88 housing?

I have a stiff pedal all the time it seems. Also, my max boost seems to be only 37-38 pounds. I figured it'd be more. It also builds boost to 25 psi real quick, then seems to slow down and only creeps to 35 pounds. I have to be in it for awhile (while seeing 12-1400 egts) to feel like its really all "ramped up" if you catch my drift

^zep, sounds like a boost leak or afc issue... mine does not see full fuel until ~38-40psi. get the AFC fixed and report back

roachie, I'd go .91 if the installation is new

94-12V... no clue. it was 40+ at idle a few years ago, I dialed it up some, the gauge died and I plugged it. No clue what it is at full fuel.

afc is gutted/foot is removed and the starwheel is turned. I should be seeing full fuel earlier, no? I have constant 40 psi fuel pressure. I'm not complaining by any means, I just was under the assumption I'd be seeing more boost. Less drive pressure is good though

afc is gutted/foot is removed and the starwheel is turned. I should be seeing full fuel earlier, no? I have constant 40 psi fuel pressure. I'm not complaining by any means, I just was under the assumption I'd be seeing more boost. Less drive pressure is good though

If the afc is gutted turning the starwheel isn't gonna do you anything...

yeahhhhhh

you want to delay the fuel delivery (i.e. fix that AFC)

wow. I am dumb. For some reason I was under the impression the rod the foot rode on still had to do with some form of time/boost delayed fuel delivery. Sorry to muddle up this thread guys. I take another look at it. Thanks again

Not a problem...you're going to be surprised with the response difference

Hurley, thought I'd check in. My afc is still gutted. I noticed a kink in the boost reference line. I fixed that and removed the plate. The pre boost screw was all the way out, so I turned it in just a bit as well. I removed the isolator from my fuel pressure gauge set up, and I now show a constant 38-40 psi. In fourth gear from a roll I can now hit ~50 pounds of boost at 2800 rpm, 13-1400 degree egt, and man it seems as fast going from 60-90 mph as my old 66mm/650cc pump/5x.020's set up did. I'm pretty impressed. I'm used to quite a bit of lag, so this smaller charger's response already has me impressed. I don't even think I'd like it much "snappier." Just thought I'd respond with more good 63mm charger results. Once again, it is a BW, Manning Motorsports built, 63/68/.91 T4 HX 40 flange, billet 10 blade compressor wheel, 6 pad thrust. Thanks for your help and patience with me

sweet, glad you got it going better. I'd still recommend getting the AFC functional!

Back