13.40 does this seem right?

dirtydiesel

Hey guys, finally took my truck to the track ran 2 runs first one was 13.40 at 101 leaving at 10 psi. second one i tried to leave at almost 15 and it spun for a second and ended up running a 13.52 at 100... Does that seem right? I was kinda expecting to be in the 12s... truck is an 06 2500 extended cab short bed i think it weighs like 69?? pounds, big dipper trans SC 1054 converter fass 150 and efi live... let me know what you guys think.. Thanks

I would expect it to be a little faster being a LBZ. My lb7 on a built trans, efi, and fuel system went 13.03 on stock wheels and tires. Given its a regular cab so it weighs a little less.

tires are 275/55/20, the motor is all stock and it was pretty cool that night.. yes it is a 4x4 cabel from blackout tuned it I only have a 2 postion switch and it was on the race tune.

Seems about right....I ran 13.50@99mph in my 95 Dodge at 433rwhp.

your trap speed seems low for a max effort tuned truck. I did 105 in the 1/4 with a stock trans and im 2wd.

Are those the first passes you've ever made? Get some more track time on it but like stated you sould be in the 12s.

I do not have a lock up switch... I might be leaning towards my lift pump possibly going bad.

well there ya go. the 1.91 60' is killing you. A general rule is for every .1 you knock off the 60', it will yield .2 off your ET. So if you can cut a 1.7 you will be knockin on 12's door, and that is about right for the mods you have. I still think the truck has more power in it tuning wise if 100mph is all you could trap.

^treed me.

60' is killing you. A 1.7 won't net you a 12, though. Post up a time slip, that may help. Have you dyno'd the truck since the trans/tune? That should be a 12sec/ 550 rwhp truck.

You should make sure you're getting all the air/fuel you should be. My LBZ stayed in the 13's forever with a low-12 second mod's list. After a lot of frustration, I got ahold of a Tech2 and found out my CP3 was falling on it's face and couldn't keep up with the commanded rail pressure in the upper RPM range.

Last edited:
Back