13.40 does this seem right?

What psi are you guys launching at? Also I think im going to check my lift pump pressure, beins i dont have a fuel pressure gauge, im going to hook a gauge on to the schrader valve and run it on the dyno... what pressure should I see at WOT?.... And no I have not dynod since the trans and race tune

What psi are you guys launching at? Also I think im going to check my lift pump pressure, beins i dont have a fuel pressure gauge, im going to hook a gauge on to the schrader valve and run it on the dyno... what pressure should I see at WOT?.... And no I have not dynod since the trans and race tune

any positive pressure to the cp3 @ WOT is enough. I run mine at 10 psi at idle and it drops to 5 psi when im wide open.

However, i do know several guys that prefer to run 30+ psi of fuel pressure on their lbz and lmm trucks because they say it makes the shifts crisper. With the older model duramax engines that were equipped with a FICM, they can only handle about 12+ psi max before the pressure starts to mess with the ficm. Your truck does not have a ficm so you can run whatever pressure you want.

Send your tuner a data log and he can tell you what is wrong, if anything, besides the poor 60' times.

what could I do to help the 60' ft time? suspension is mostly stock other then tie rods the t bar bolts are out and 2 inch drop shackles in the back... Or is it just my driving? that was the first time I was ever on a track but ive done a few 4wd launches on the street.

I always left about 1 psi before it walked through the brakes. What PSI are you running in your tires? And what tires are you running?

They are cooper discoverer ATR almost worn out and I believe I keep about 40 or 45 psi in them

That seems like a lot of pressure; you may have traction issues.

You could try clamping your rear springs, too.

Ok ill try lowering the tire pressure and I might just get a set of cal tracks

lower your tire pressure down to 25-30 psi. Cal tracs will help alot, either spend the money on cal tracs or clamp your leaf packs. Both do close to the same thing.

And alot of it is just going to be practice. YOU need to figure out where YOUR truck launches the best. It will just take some trial and error. But lowering your tire psi and keeping that axle from rotating will help alot.

ok I just talked to caleb he said to try to turn my lift pump up some for more on the top end so im gonna try that and lower tire pressure and just work on launching... thanks for all the help guys

why not a lock up switch, i bet close to a half a second off ur time.
Leaving around 10-13psi. See what that does and adjust your tires accordingly. If those are E rated tires lowering your psi much below 35psi will not really gain you anything... they will still spin. At least thats what i notice on my E rated terra grapplers. I would rather spin some than hook hard on a daily driver anyways. You can loose some weight too, tailgate, spare tire.

Back