14mm ve pump

would I have to take all the internals out of the pump and have this machined? sorry I never taken the pump apart aside from a 366 spring/fooling with the smoke screw/full load. Is their or does the front of the pump come off and in that plate if their is one, has the seal and in that I machine a snap ring groove?

the case is all one piece everything comes out the back of the pump after removing the head. with the shaft in the way I am not sure how you could get in there to machine the groove. Your local machine shop may have something to get in there but then they would have to figure out how to chuck it in the lathe

Ford, did you mill the seal seat deeper to accommodate a snap ring? It doesn't look deep enough to have sufficient lip for a groove.

Sent from my rooted Velocity Ally

I dont know if they are all the same but on my industrial pump you can push the seal in a little farther than the flush mount that it was factory. I have a ic pump cast that would have to be machined to get the seal far enough back to get a clip.

Folks, those of you who are new to the VE, PLEASE keep the "How do I take the top off" type conversation to another thread. Let's try not to bore those letting secrets out.

If you can't IMAGINE a lot of what's being said here, you have no business inside the VE. PLEASE don't screw it up for the rest of us.

Folks, those of you who are new to the VE, PLEASE keep the "How do I take the top off" type conversation to another thread. Let's try not to bore those letting secrets out.

If you can't IMAGINE a lot of what's being said here, you have no business inside the VE. PLEASE don't screw it up for the rest of us.

I agree

Lol where is the fuel screw located?? This stuff may be super secret for some, for me its not. If the things I have found will help someone make some serious power with the VE then I am all about helping. I have broke tons of parts, stock and aftermarket. I have spent hours on the bench with this VE. I still have the pump, the guy that bought my old truck decided he didnt want it so someday I might get back into the VE race.

Lol where is the fuel screw located?? This stuff may be super secret for some, for me its not. If the things I have found will help someone make some serious power with the VE then I am all about helping. I have broke tons of parts, stock and aftermarket. I have spent hours on the bench with this VE. I still have the pump, the guy that bought my old truck decided he didnt want it so someday I might get back into the VE race.

Did you mod the governor arm? How about the weights.

Are you saying you turned the charge pump rotor down? Or did you cut the outside ring down?

There is enough room to cut the groove on a stock dodge aplication VE pump, ive got one down to that point but have no clue how to chuck the pump to turn a groove.

Honestly a retainer plate would be easier.

Ford, Wana sell the ole' VE pump? I call dibs LOL

I didnt do any mods to the gov besides a 4k spring that was shortened a little. I cut the rotor itself down. I considered the ring but i did not have equipment that would leave a smooth enough finish. I chucked mine up from the rotor head end. Pretty easy actually. I am holding on to this pump, I always seem to come across projects and I might be using this pump for a work stock endeavor.

Thanks jq. The ol ex cab isn't ve anymore, but it's gettin cut to a shortbed this week. As soon as its outa the paint shop I will be starting a. Build thread.

BEST first gen dodge /VE pump thread in a long time!!!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Last edited:
My VE is home-built using a Rocken 14MM H/R, stock delivery valves, a unique dual feed, and a 354(4200 rpm gov spring) 50-110lb boost referenced fuel pressure with only loctite on the seal. Injectors are Buddha's 6x.016's. It has a full season of pulling (leaving the line 4000rpms at times, sometimes seeing 4200 mid track, and a couple thousand street miles. I spare this thing no mercy and it's holding up well. My max HP has been 455 and 1080 torque with a HX40. That being said, it's all eventually for sale to make room for a p7100.

Only 455hp?

Congrats on the long life. Pics of the unique dual feed would be interesting, or just a simple explanation of how/where would do too.

455 for a few reasons, I was lazy and gutted my AFC causing overfuel at low rpm, my head, cam, (whole engine) was bone stock, and my timing was probably all over the place due to case pressure fluctuations. I'll try to find the link on 1st gen where KTA lays out the fuel system. Mine is that with slight variation.

455 and 4200rpm doesnt sad half bad. I bet its a blast to drive with that hx40 on there as well.

Unfortunately, that was the last day of that super 40's life. (6 hot 2000* banzai runs with the wastegate unhooked)

Back