1500+ Common Rail

dvst8r

Unobtainium
On Saturday August 25th at Armor Inc's Dyno day on Supreme Diesels mobile Dyno Com Dyno Torrey (1100hp) put down 1503hp uncorrected. Which is only 23hp off the CompD calculator for 6800lbs@149mph of 1526hp.

168425.jpg

The second run was low as we put the big tune in to try it, and ended up breaking a shaft or a torque converter on the dyno, and had to tow it back into the trailer... Who would have thought you could break something on an inertia dyno...

Here are a couple video's of the pull:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymbacR3MiY&feature=share&list=ULWymbacR3MiY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0holniegE&feature=player_embedded

Awesome power!!!

Dang!!! I had high hopes for that stock sized input shaft. Looks like you might have to get TCS to experiment with larger than stock sized shafts and find someone to build a converter that will hold up with the oversized hub.

Dammmmmmmmmmmmm good job brotha, was a bad ass ride last year, looks even more pissed now:rockwoot::bow:

Yes on spray, same setup as we ran the 9.51@149mph.

Setup is:
-5.9 CR built buy Matt@DFC (still run on a 2005 ecu with SSR tuning)
-CR head ported by PASSENGER (Dave @ Passenger Diesel)
-No o-rings or fire rings, just a CR gasket and 12mm 625studs, and good machining.
-Geoff supplied us with an off the shelf Colt Cam
-Steed speed competition manifold
-S400 (from Jose @ forced) over S500 turbo's (something that myself and Mike Holmen dreamed up)
-Truck is wired up and electrically maintained by Randy@Toxic Diesel (other then when I scotch lock something in to try, and Randy looses his mind... :poke:)
-99% of the time we run Phil Taylor's DPC converter, but we had an ATS lock up box malfunction at the 100' shootouts in Rocky Mountain, AB last weekend, and it burnt up Phil's converter in the process. So we did a quick swap with another converter we had and figured it was just an inertia dyno no real load already locked in od shouldn't be an issue... :kick: Now I am not throwing that converter 100% under the bus, as it maybe a shaft, we will know later this week when we have a chance to tear it down.
-Last but certainly not least the transmission that is untouchable (other then hard parts he has no control over) Steve @ Commercial power train, builds the toughest 48re known to man.

I don't think I left anyone out, but if I did my apologies, I am doing this off the cuff.

Awesome power!!!

Dang!!! I had high hopes for that stock sized input shaft. Looks like you might have to get TCS to experiment with larger than stock sized shafts and find someone to build a converter that will hold up with the oversized hub.

We are not sure which shaft it was, or if it was a shaft at all might be a converter at this point. We have not broken that aermet input yet, so I am betting on converter right now, but we will know by the weekend for sure.

Also had I realized there was even a remote chance that we were going to break something on the dyno, I would have asked Torrey to make the first run fuel only, just out of interests sake. With that being said CompD calculator was only 23hp out on the nitrous run, so we can probably pretty safely say based on that compd calculator, it was right around 1200hp fuel only.

Yes it has! The only thing I can think of that would be stronger is if TCS made a fat input out of aermet

That aermet is straight gangster, looked up the specs and the strongest alloy is around 350,000 psi ultimate strength, a good 50,000 psi over 300M.

Congrats Torrey. Wicked run buddy.

dvst8r, I'm suprised on how well your and mine impossible turbo secret configuration has worked.

Can't wait to see what's next.:rockwoot:

Back