1500+ Common Rail

1/8 mile numbers please! I'm curious about hp caculated to the 1/8

120mph in the 1/8th is as quick as we have been iirc. Don't recall the e.t but it wasn't great we are still working on that first 330' and have a ways to go.

On Saturday August 25th at Armor Inc's Dyno day on Supreme Diesels mobile Dyno Com Dyno Torrey (1100hp) put down 1503hp uncorrected. Which is only 23hp off the CompD calculator for 6800lbs@149mph of 1526hp.

The second run was low as we put the big tune in to try it, and ended up breaking a shaft or a torque converter on the dyno, and had to tow it back into the trailer... Who would have thought you could break something on an inertia dyno...

Here are a couple video's of the pull:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymbacR3MiY&feature=share&list=ULWymbacR3MiY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0holniegE&feature=player_embedded

was 1684 corrected? I believe this was the truck that at the dyno event 2 years ago at DPS was being worked on in the back shop?

120mph in the 1/8th is as quick as we have been iirc. Don't recall the e.t but it wasn't great we are still working on that first 330' and have a ways to go.

holly crap. Wallace racing calc. http://wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm

1/8 mile MPH @ 120mph:

Your HP computed from your vehicle MPH is 1,917.34 flywheel HP and 1,725.61 rear wheel HP.

If you plug in your 1/4 mile ET and MPH

Your HP computed from your vehicle ET is 1,410.81 rear wheel HP and 1,567.57 flywheel HP.
Your HP computed from your vehicle MPH is 1,504.49 rear wheel HP and 1,671.65 flywheel HP.

So, totally different calculators, very close, infact closer to the dyno then the compd one for the 1/4 mile..

So, since you still have that smarty handicap and basically coasting the last few feet, your 1/8 mile really tells an interesting story.

Lets pretend you carry the backhalf all the way with more rpm/gearing. in theory you're going to slow a little with gearing changes right? fuk who cares.

1725whp.... that's good for 157.5mph and 8.89 @ 6800#.

Impressive little 6 cylinder you have there!

was 1684 corrected? I believe this was the truck that at the dyno event 2 years ago at DPS was being worked on in the back shop?

Yes 1684 was corrected, 1503 was uncorrected. Yes that is the same truck though other then the chassis, axles and tcase, nothing else is the same as then.

holly crap. Wallace racing calc. http://wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm

1/8 mile MPH @ 120mph:

If you plug in your 1/4 mile ET and MPH

So, totally different calculators, very close, infact closer to the dyno then the compd one for the 1/4 mile..

So, since you still have that smarty handicap and basically coasting the last few feet, your 1/8 mile really tells an interesting story.

Lets pretend you carry the backhalf all the way with more rpm/gearing. in theory you're going to slow a little with gearing changes right? fuk who cares.

1725whp.... that's good for 157.5mph and 8.89 @ 6800#.

Impressive little 6 cylinder you have there!

I honestly think that is a very optimistic.

However after the truck visits Jenny Craig, this winter, and we are at 6000lbs like the other top super street contenders. I think as long as we can learn to get out of the hole like Brian Spooner does (hats off to him and his team), there is an 8.99 in it, with the current power it makes.

With that being said, there is still a LONG road of test and tunes in front of us to get anywhere close to that magical time slip as that is still a half second (a mountain to say the least) we need to find from our current best. It has taken us 2 years to shave it from 9.69 to 9.51, so while 8.999 is our ultimate goal we realize it won't happen overnight, or in a week, or a month, or probably even a year.

I just want to say thanks again to the team of guys that have committed to working with us. It has been a long time finding each of them, and they are as far as I am concerned the best in the industry at what they do, and without them we wouldn't even be CLOSE.

any pics of the engine compartment?

Garrett

Honestly, nothing since we put the new engine if after the Mission, BC race in June. I know a few people snapped pics in Edmonton, but I didn't get copies of any of those.

When I get home from real work, and have the truck in front of me again, I will snap one and post it up. In the mean time if anyone in compd land has one that they took recently hopefully they will put it up.

Awsome numbers Torry ! That truck is incredible ! Maybe I am going to have to slap a set of twins on mine. Lol

Now let's see dimitri and this guy line em up! :D

We almost had a round in Canada last year, but he makes so much boost that he blew the boots on the passenger side ic pipe, and **** the entire pipe out on the track, then ran it over LOL truck is an animal!!!! torry is a hell of a guy in person, they were talking about sending his truck to nationals in texas, maybe they can chime in and info us, if there is any truth to that. Super street cant claim victory unless they beat torry's truck heads up..... Again nice numbers torry im a fan :bow:

Last edited:
I wonder how it will run in the southern heat and humidity? Temps are HOT down here lol. One thing that make this truck stand out besides the 9.51 1/4 mile is that it sled pulls as well.. that is unheard of in a truck that fast!!!

I wonder how it will run in the southern heat and humidity? Temps are HOT down here lol. One thing that make this truck stand out besides the 9.51 1/4 mile is that it sled pulls as well.. that is unheard of in a truck that fast!!!

The nice thing that we gain going there though is the sea level elevation vs ~3500' it normally runs at. So we trade some cool for some heat, and some thin air for some dense air.

We probably won't be making worlds this year, for various reasons, but we haven't given up hope on it completely.

We did finally have a chance to drop the transmission and we broke a converter on that second pull.

IT WAS NOT our normal Phil Taylor DPC converter. REPEAT WAS NOT.

But a spare converter that we had sitting on the shelf for sometime, that we figured we would give a shot (after all it was just an inertia dyno...). I am not willing to throw them under the bus yet, as it may just have been a one in a thousand type thing. It was not the lockup clutches but a hard part on the inside of the converter.

In any which case it is going back together and we are going to do some more test and tune on Friday night. I will take a couple engine bay shots as long as I am not gone to work (and if I am I will get someone else to do it) and post them up in this thread.

We did finally have a chance to drop the transmission and we broke a converter on that second pull.

IT WAS NOT our normal Phil Taylor DPC converter. REPEAT WAS NOT.

But a spare converter that we had sitting on the shelf for sometime, that we figured we would give a shot (after all it was just an inertia dyno...). I am not willing to throw them under the bus yet, as it may just have been a one in a thousand type thing. It was not the lockup clutches but a hard part on the inside of the converter.

In any which case it is going back together and we are going to do some more test and tune on Friday night. I will take a couple engine bay shots as long as I am not gone to work (and if I am I will get someone else to do it) and post them up in this thread.

How did the input shaft look?

Better late then never I finally remembered to take a few under hood shots this weekend, when we were out racing in Medicine Hat, Ab. Don't get too excited though they are only cell phone pics. LOL

From left to right:

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

And one over all pic:

IMAG0345.jpg

Back