1947 Dodge WDX-31

Just picked up 2 of the Alcoa wheels with tires from the junk yard. They should clean up really nice. The other two wheels should be off the donor truck by Thursday. Can't wait to clean them up and bolt them on. That might be the motivation I need to get rolling again!

Thanks for re-opening this.

Blowing the dust off this project and getting re-energized. Due to other projects and finances getting in the way, this truck got side-lined for a bit. Gave me time to think about it and change my direction. Picked up a 24 valve engine for it, I plan to do a P7100 pump swap from the 12 valve. Time to get moving on it. Stay tuned....

I am still trying to find the right truck man it would be budget friendly rod

glad to see new life coming to this project I thought you would finish yours first but I might just have my 39 dodge done first.

I should have left mine rough. It would have been done long ago. But everything I own is rough....I really want something nice for once.

I've been working on the motors this week. Got the old 12 valve free'd up and yanked the needed parts off it. Swapped the cam gear onto the 24 valve cam, and started reassembling the front of the 24 valve, prepping it for the P7100 pump. Degreased the rest of the engine and it is almost ready for some paint. I hope to get more done this weekend.

Awesome build! A friend of my dad's took a 1945 dodge truck and put the cab and front clip on a shortened '91 Blue Bird school bus chassis. VE 12v, Allison 4 speed auto, Air brakes, painted the 22.5's black, body color is red with black fenders. I want it badly.

Thanks, they are nice looking trucks, but if you want to drive them regularly...got to install modern stuff.

I think that this is an awesome project. Please finish it and post more pictures. I get excited about projects like this. Anything that is painted blue gets my attention. Keep up the great work.

I think that this is an awesome project. Please finish it and post more pictures. I get excited about projects like this. Anything that is painted blue gets my attention. Keep up the great work.

I will post up some pics soon. I took a bit of a break from this project for various reasons. I'm back on it now, plans are being made, money is being blown....time to make some progress.

24 valve sitting in it's new home.

[ame="http://s139.photobucket.com/user/poolmike/media/1947%20Dodge%20WFX-31%20truck/20130709_134528_zpscc8043e0.jpg.html"]20130709_134528_zpscc8043e0.jpg Photo by poolmike | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Life keeps getting in the way of this project. Hope to start messing with it again next week. I have to gather enough funds to order injection lines and injectors.

I just read through this whole build so far. This truck is gonna be awesome. Nice color choice.

man just read this whole thread this is definantly bad a$$, look forward to seeing it in the end beautiful blue by the way

Back