1967 RS Duramax Camaro

Looking great! But please do not cut the hood and put a hood stack on this car!!!

LOL it sounded kinda cool at first a few months ago but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do it. It was suggested before I had the motor sitting in it and I wasn't sure where things were going to end up. I won't ruin it I promise :Cheer:

I figured it was the angle. I'm really looking forward to seeing videos of this thing doing some burnouts in a few weeks! :ft:

I can't wait to get it running. My dad is coming out here to visit around the 4th of July so that is now my goal to get it driving. The next few weeks are going to be interesting and exciting. I'll dedicate the first burnout to you buddy LOL

LOL it sounded kinda cool at first a few months ago but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do it. It was suggested before I had the motor sitting in it and I wasn't sure where things were going to end up. I won't ruin it I promise :Cheer:

I can't wait to get it running. My dad is coming out here to visit around the 4th of July so that is now my goal to get it driving. The next few weeks are going to be interesting and exciting. I'll dedicate the first burnout to you buddy LOL

I'm gonna hold you to that promise!!! That will be great to have it running for your dad's visit!

Does it sit too low to get a full exhaust? There is a company(forget which one) that make some nice oval/flat pipe and bends.

Subscribed for burnout pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Hell yeah man! Looks awesome. your in the home stretch now! If it were mine, id try and get the exhaust to go under the car and come out right infront of the rear tires... if it would fit.

If your exhaust exits anywhere other than at the very rear of the car, I hope you keep it tuned well to have no smoke. It would be a shame to mess up that awesome paint work with soot stains.

I'm gonna hold you to that promise!!! That will be great to have it running for your dad's visit!

He's excited to see it. The biggest reason I started this thread was so that he could follow along with the build. He built it up back in the 80's and made quite a reputation for it in our area. The reputation will be continued, I can assure you LOL

Does it sit too low to get a full exhaust? There is a company(forget which one) that make some nice oval/flat pipe and bends.

Burns stainless.. Beautiful pieces, but they might as well be made out of gold

It sits high enough for a full exhaust, but it would be tricky to fabricate. Right now the crossmembers on the front and rear subframes are the lowest points for ground clearance, and trying to fit 3"-4" exhaust underneath the rear would take away most of it. I googled burns stainless, and while their oval pipe are very nice pieces and would remedy the issue some, 24riviera wasn't kidding. It's very expensive, so I will cross this bridge when I get there.

Subscribed for burnout pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Just you wait...

Hell yeah man! Looks awesome. your in the home stretch now! If it were mine, id try and get the exhaust to go under the car and come out right infront of the rear tires... if it would fit.

I'm getting excited. We will see what I come up with as far as the exhaust goes.

If your exhaust exits anywhere other than at the very rear of the car, I hope you keep it tuned well to have no smoke. It would be a shame to mess up that awesome paint work with soot stains.

The overall goal is to keep it as clean running as possible, but this is my first time modifying a Duramax, so this will be a learning experience with tuning. I have seen side exit exhaust that had a slight down turn and kept the soot off the paint in the past, so I have some ideas to work with.

Have the exhaust come out the side like an old school side pipe.

68 camaro side pipe - Google Search

That would be cool, but sooty at the same time.

Out the rear would be best...

Good suggestions, I will keep them all in mind.

He's excited to see it. The biggest reason I started this thread was so that he could follow along with the build. He built it up back in the 80's and made quite a reputation for it in our area. The reputation will be continued, I can assure you LOL

It sits high enough for a full exhaust, but it would be tricky to fabricate. Right now the crossmembers on the front and rear subframes are the lowest points for ground clearance, and trying to fit 3"-4" exhaust underneath the rear would take away most of it. I googled burns stainless, and while their oval pipe are very nice pieces and would remedy the issue some, 24riviera wasn't kidding. It's very expensive, so I will cross this bridge when I get there.

Just you wait...

You should be able to notch and brace the crossmember to fit the exhaust pipe or pipes through without too much problem. This is what most hot rod guys end up doing with their builds...

You should be able to notch and brace the crossmember to fit the exhaust pipe or pipes through without too much problem. This is what most hot rod guys end up doing with their builds...

We'll see what I come up with. Lot's of options, just need to get it on our lift and lay it all out in my head how I want it.

Yes sir, its got a Duramax as well. There was a video I was going to post here but couldn't figure it out.

Cool. I'd like to see it. Seems like there's a lot of diesel swaps popping up now...

Couple teaser shots for you guys. More to come soon...

1371177600_zpse2169699.jpg

1371177617_zps93607681.jpg

1371177581_zps0ead64dc.jpg

Back