1994 F250 Cummins swap

np.. i know its expensive to have one biult and tow it there thats all.. if you lived closer i would help you, but i live in ny

It's easy to tell if you have a industrial manifold. Look and see if the turbo mounts straight down ( either in the middle or back like a common rail dodge)

Yeah New York is a little far away from Joplin, Mo. I do have an aunt that lives in Middletown,NY. Youre right, it probably will be expensive to have a custom one made but there isn't anything very cheap about swapping a cummins into a ford!

Trubbs: I must have the regular style because my turbo is mounted in the middle of the manifold and really high up.

If you look in a thread I have in this section ("has anyone ever used this industrial manifold....) it will have a picture if the common rail style industrial manifold.

5ninef250: it looks like your turbo is very close to your a/c box. Does it cause you any problems?

Pic makes it look kinda close, but I have never had an issue. Nice part about it is a standard Dodge down pipe bolts right up.

I bought a fordcummins exhaust manifold from another member on the site. He wanted 1/3 the price that fordcummins wanted. I'm not sure what downpipe will fit but I'll figure it out.

Got my new exhaust manifold yesterday in the mail. I'm looking forward to putting it on and getting one step closer to getting the truck rolling again.

Your a lot farther on you project than I am on mine. I used a cr exhaust manifold on my last swap on a Superduty. It put the turbo just down below the air box. I'm working on a 90 4x4 right now. It's just a pita collecting parts. And the owner of the truck wanted an auto so I found him one. And had it built. I have to get it up and running before summer.

Well I've been researching and collecting parts since April of last year. I had the motor and trans installed into a 1988 f250 but then this 94 fell into my lap so I pulled it from the 88 and now we're trying to put it in the 94. Yeah it's a big pain in the butt but everyone says its worth it. Only time will tell!

I will only have $4k or so in mine. I'm hoping it will be worth 5-6k when I'm done. I really want a crew cab shortbed old body style to Put a cummins in. I couldn't pass up the deal on this truck though. The price was right!

Back