2.6" smooth bore/slick face

I think in the future it would be worthwhile for pulling orgs to look into allowing smooth bore covers only (i.e. no mwe groove) The MWE grooves are being used as nothing more than auxilary inducers and I think it would help cut the power back some to keep the drivelines alive.

Discuss.

Stop making sense....the whiners need something to cry about and you're trying to take it away from them with a simple, easy to tech charger.

I pushed years ago for the class to be either 3x3" or no MWE, best of luck.

Stop making sense....the whiners need something to cry about and you're trying to take it away from them with a simple, easy to tech charger.

Would make teching a breeze. People would be surprised how much it would cut power back. Power would decrease some but the competition would stay the same. You're just not going to get an OEM drivetrain to hold up behind the 1000-1200hp

Would make teching a breeze. People would be surprised how much it would cut power back. Power would decrease some but the competition would stay the same. You're just not going to get an OEM drivetrain to hold up behind the 1000-1200hp

It will NEVER work, it makes way TOO much sense for truck pulling......

Although the turbo companies lined their pockets once, I don't see why they wouldn't want to make money reworking their already reworked turbos again $$$$$$$

Ok, I retract my previous statement, there is a ton of money to be made, so it will probably happen......

:poke:

discuss ;-)

Christ Josh I havnt even got to use the charger I bought from you yet LOL

If a guy has enough resorces to make 1200hp in a 2.6 truck maybe he should jump up to 3.0.

If a guy has enough resorces to make 1200hp in a 2.6 truck maybe he should jump up to 3.0.

I think you'd be surprised what a lot of the top 2.6 trucks are making for power. If you don't have that this year IDk if you'll be in the top 5 at any big pull. :ft:

I agree with what Josh is saying. I know one of my buddies would say STFU! Leave it alone. LOL

I think you'd be surprised what a lot of the top 2.6 trucks are making for power. If you don't have that this year IDk if you'll be in the top 5 at any big pull. :ft:

I agree there are 1200hp 2.6 trucks at about every pull i go to big or small. I'm just saying if some of these trucks finish 1st or 2nd every were they go what keeps them from going 3.0 were they can run open driveline and not have driveline breakage be such an issue.

The front running 2.6 trucks last year didnt have that many driveline issues. There are also alot more 2.6 pulls than 3.0 pulls anywhere you go. Also a decent cost jump if you are goin to step up to 3.0 with a good driveline setup.

The front running 2.6 trucks last year didnt have that many driveline issues. There are also alot more 2.6 pulls than 3.0 pulls anywhere you go. Also a decent cost jump if you are goin to step up to 3.0 with a good driveline setup.

How much do they have invested in their drivelines (total)?

Assuming open would have been cheaper......?

Ok, Ill try and pull this back onto topic a bit.....

I agree with Josh and the smooth bore. I think this is going back to that pic posted on FB of some crazy turbo....

But it would take out a lot of grey areas in the inducer part of the turbo. Doent realy need to be a spec turbo....whats wrond with a spec front cover? if it wont fit on your turbo and the wheel doesnt protrude 1/8", you dont pull. Still would keep people happy that they can run what ever frame and exducer they want, but the cover cannot be touched....

How much do they have invested in their drivelines (total)?

Assuming open would have been cheaper......?

Imo i have the best parts in my oem driveline and i can easily get twice that much in the best parts for a open driveline truck so no a good open driveline setup is not cheaper

Smooth bore will cut power a ton with a 2.6 bore. It will also make all these large turbine turbos useless. Simply because you wont have enough air to push the turbine without a mwe groove and you wont have such large compressor being clipped down to fit in a 2.6 bore either.

Imo i have the best parts in my oem driveline and i can easily get twice that much in the best parts for a open driveline truck so no a good open driveline setup is not cheaper

Comparing apples and oranges. The best(est) OEM upgraded driveline will pale in comparision to the best(est) open driveline. A standard rockwell will live well past an OEM axle, but an OEM axle can be built stronger than a standard rockwell, at what point of money and input power make OEM axles a financial downfall?

If anyone has followed the gasser "trash" classes long enough, you saw what is happening to the current diesel classes......history repeating itself.

It comes down to a certain power level will dictate when an open driveline would have been cheaper (from the start) than an OEM driveline. Staying a safe distance below that threshold would be best. Problem is everyone keeps pushing and once that threshold is passed, the guys who spent a ton of cash upgrading their OEM drivelines don't want to go open driveline (and will fight rules making it easier for new guys to go open driveline), yet they were the one's who built their rigs to the point of surpassing them (catch 22).

Back the original topic. A cheaper/easier turbo to tech/build would be great, it would also be great if it was used as a safeguard against against letting power reach destruction levels (sized appropriately for driveline).

What's the difference if you have 200HP and your oponent has 201HP, or you have 400HP and your oponent has 402HP, or you have 600HP and your oponent has 603HP, etc. etc. As your power increases, so does your oponents. The limiting factor is money, why make it retardedly expensive to compete. Pulling used to be about innovation in a garage somewhere with one guy trying to outdo another, now the innovation happens at a turbo/pump manufacturer and everyone PAYS if they want a chance to win.

Gone are the days of driving and chassis innovation, it's all about if I didn't win, I need to buy more power....

:soap:

Pulling used to be about innovation in a garage somewhere with one guy trying to outdo another, now the innovation happens at a turbo/pump manufacturer and everyone PAYS if they want a chance to win.

Gone are the days of driving and chassis innovation, it's all about if I didn't win, I need to buy more power....

:soap:

Yes but so many motorsports are that way. It is the nature of the beast. I would venture to say that a 2.6 turbo rule change is in the near future though...

Back