2015 ppl 2.6 rules

I'm asking this because I don't know, serious question. How many ppl 2.6 hooks were there this year? 3.0? This is from my point of view...... I'm over the whole deck plate billet this and that deal. Can these trucks of today really go rounds? We had 30+ points pulls this year and made over 40 so far. One weekend with four hooks and several more with 3. The problem with all the high dollar motors and parts I see is if something happens to them on Friday you'll never make Saturday's pull. In the six yearsI've pulled to this day I've never missed a pull I said I was going to. This year that involved a few nights of no sleep but we made it. How many people in today's time still can do that? Not saying it's not there I'm really asking a question

Until the rule says no deck plates they are legal. It is way more stock appearing than a custom made manifold or custom lines ran all over the engine. Stock appearing is a vague rule that honestly means nothing. The way you read it doesn't mean that is how I read it. The rule must say you can't run it or there will be a loop hole somewhere that will allow it.

Kyle, have you ever pulled COPTC or at any PPL events?

Kind of hard not to pull or be involved with ppl since they are on a mission to take over all the pulls in the area. I may not have pulled cotpc but when i hear someone say or post people should use their rules i take notice. I follow more than just trucks and not just in this country.

How much hp does a deck plate add?

Bigger bore= bigger valves. More horsepower. More cubic inch =more horsepower. If they dont get the rules under control in both classes, they are going to die. Turbos under control in both classes, dont like that jump up to the super stock trucks.

Until the rule says no deck plates they are legal. It is way more stock appearing than a custom made manifold or custom lines ran all over the engine. Stock appearing is a vague rule that honestly means nothing. The way you read it doesn't mean that is how I read it. The rule must say you can't run it or there will be a loop hole somewhere that will allow it.

Its says stock appearing then at then end adds a spot for any legal modifications that affect stock appearing like intake manifold are legal. Apparently you have never read the rules or this whole thread because there was clearly stated rules in ppl rulebook not even being followed. Im going to show up in 2.6 next year with cut tires and a illegal turbo and its legal because i say so.

I have read it and like I said stock appearing to you means something different than what it means to me. A piece of metal between the head and block that you can't see unless you look pretty hard doesn't make the engine not stock appearing. You have never read a nhra rule book and been in a true rule battle. Rules will and have always been bent and stretched from what they are intended to be. Like I said stock appearing won't throw a deck plate out. It will have to say no deck plate plain and simple. Cut tires are easily stated not legal so that you can't run. Turbo rule can't get by with that either. You are arguing about a rule that isn't covered you just want it to be covered by that one little sentence. Put the money up and let the tech man tell you it is legal.

Yeah your right i worded that wrong. The tires wont be cut by me but by the manufacturer so that means they are legal. I dont see what the issue would be. I would have 4 tires and everyone else can run their 6 tires they think they need.

I have read it and like I said stock appearing to you means something different than what it means to me. A piece of metal between the head and block that you can't see unless you look pretty hard doesn't make the engine not stock appearing. You have never read a nhra rule book and been in a true rule battle. Rules will and have always been bent and stretched from what they are intended to be. Like I said stock appearing won't throw a deck plate out. It will have to say no deck plate plain and simple. Cut tires are easily stated not legal so that you can't run. Turbo rule can't get by with that either. You are arguing about a rule that isn't covered you just want it to be covered by that one little sentence. Put the money up and let the tech man tell you it is legal.

Are you OK then with billet aluminum heads that have just enough machining to kinda look stock and are 1" taller than a stock head to allow giant ports?

I guess that would also be "stock appearing" to some folks.

Yeah your right i worded that wrong. The tires wont be cut by me but by the manufacturer so that means they are legal. I dont see what the issue would be. I would have 4 tires and everyone else can run their 6 tires they think they need.

All someone needs to do is have somebody make a recap mold with a bar tire shape and glue that onto a DOT tire...voila...

I would agree that an aluminum head that appeared to be stock would be fine unless noted in the rules, ((((stock appearing)))) = ((((grey area)))) = I'm either smarter than you or I have more money than you... What about a rule about sound ?? I use to street race and I would ask guys about a car that was supposed to be fast and they would say it don't sound stock, we would die laughing, I think these guys are on this board now

Bigger bore= bigger valves. More horsepower. More cubic inch =more horsepower. If they dont get the rules under control in both classes, they are going to die. Turbos under control in both classes, dont like that jump up to the super stock trucks.

I don't think you understand how a deck plate motor works.
Smaller bore, slightly less CI= same HP potential but with added strength and longevity.

Can't glue a dot number on it doesn't make it a dot tire. A cut tire is a cut tire doesn't matter if you cut it or the company rule says no cut tires must be dot tire. That is a easy list to check. That head will be fine because rule says stock appearing. If it said no billet no raised port so on and so forth it would be a problem. The rule is very vague. I told several when these rules were wrote there are way to many grey areas. Myself being a rule bender read the rules on the side of what can I get by with. If it doesn't say NO you can't run it then it is legal. Either make more rules or stop crying.

I don't think you understand how a deck plate motor works.
Smaller bore, slightly less CI= same HP potential but with added strength and longevity.

Apples to oranges, but how do you get a 640ci IH motor? Not saying all deck plate motors are bigger than stock ci but the possibilities are endless.

Apples to oranges, but how do you get a 640ci IH motor? Not saying all deck plate motors are bigger than stock ci but the possibilities are endless.

You can only stroke a Cummins crank but so much. I also believe there is CI rule for 3.0.
Destroked has a $13k stroked crank.
All the deck plate motors I know of are sleeved 6.7 blocks with either 5.9 or 6.7 cranks.

You can only stroke a Cummins crank but so much. I also believe there is CI rule for 3.0.
Destroked has a $13k stroked crank.
All the deck plate motors I know of are sleeved 6.7 blocks with either 5.9 or 6.7 cranks.

I sold a 5.25" cummins crank to a gentleman from the east coast.

you get a 640 ih by using either a 6in crank with a 4.750 bore (638)
or 5.75 crank and 4.875 bore (644)

at least those are the two common setups used and either can be done with or without a deckplate

Back