2015 ppl 2.6 rules

To say they didn't tech the Haisley trucks at Scheid and to claim that Haisley's are cheaters is total bull. PPL techs everyone before every pull on turbo and safety at a minimum with other random checks thrown in at times. This thread has turned to absolute crap.

I don't pull enough with them to consider myself part of their team but I do consider myself fortunate to be associated with THAT GROUP!!!! THAT GROUP IMO is the most dedicated group you will find. So your saying no other truck on the track is pushing the limits? Just the ones in THAT GROUP?

Last edited:
Top three trucks at schied this year in 2.6 and 3.0 were reteched Saturday morning because of some complaints before the qualifying had even started. If you want a say in next years rules there will be a meeting October 25 before the banquet in downtown Indy at the Hyatt. if you can't make it send someone who can or find someone who is going and talk to them complaining on here is not going to get you anywhere.

Josh i was not directing that to you. But someone expalin how a truck can get dq'd for a deck plate but other trucks in the same class with one not get dq'd. Per the rules deck plates are not allowed in 2.6 because the wording says stock appearing. I have yet to a factory engine that appears to have a deck plate.

Josh i was not directing that to you. But someone expalin how a truck can get dq'd for a deck plate but other trucks in the same class with one not get dq'd. Per the rules deck plates are not allowed in 2.6 because the wording says stock appearing. I have yet to a factory engine that appears to have a deck plate.

Are you talking about PPL or COTPC?

Tech in both are poor imo. People always bring up that everyone should follow ppl and cotpc. Yet they don't even enforce their own rules. Rules should be simple and clear. The mwe is a big issue but how closely is it teched. Seems techs just plug it and its good. Ppl says stock appearing engine and a deck plate is not stock appearing. Cotpc says you need a radiator and must circulate coolant but how many truck receiving points meet this rule. Just wait till ppl changes the mwe wording again.

I know of some non haisley sticker trucks that are part of a different camp running a deck engine in ppl 2.6 are they illegal? If it is so wrong why isn't there more talk about it. 60+ 2.6 trucks at scheids and none of the non deck guys cared enough to say something

I agree with custom diesel, go to meeting and speak your mind if not don't complain when THAT GROUP keeps pushing.

Last edited:
Technically any truck is illegal if it doesnt meet rules. I mentioned haisley trucks because they get hardly look at compare to others. Just because a truck passes tech once doesnt mean its still legal or it was even teched correctly the first time. Just like when you had to run rear brakes and suspension. Are the techs suppose to dq half the trucks. Technically they should but dont. Instead of doing their job they just change the rules so its legal the next year. If a handful of trucks showed up with open driveline at a 2.6 pull when its illegal i bet ppl wouldnt dq them.

Last edited:
Now that I think back I can remember Jeremy Tedrow telling me when he was still 2.6 that he got warned about not having rear brakes at one of the pulls in Urbana for COTPC and they gave him a one time pass. And when that pull was over he went home and put rear brakes on for next time he pulled with them so he wouldn't be dq'd

I know of some non haisley sticker trucks that are part of a different camp running a deck engine in ppl 2.6 are they illegal? If it is so wrong why isn't there more talk about it. 60+ 2.6 trucks at scheids and none of the non deck guys cared enough to say something.

I think this is the way "rule creep" happens.

If deckplate engines are illegal, people see that they are being passed, it kinda gives them a license to go do their own cheat. Like dropping rear brakes, etc.

It just sets up an atmosphere / mindset that "everyone is cheating and the techs don't care" whether it is real or perceived. Soon, everyone will be breaking a rule because they know they can.

It's part of the wide unprofessionalism in the sport. The rules are literally posted everywhere online and yet guys show up to a hook knowing they're illegal and knowing the chances of getting caught are minimal.

IMO the sanctioning body (put PPL as a prime example) just does not care about the integrity of the sport. Put butts in the seats, collect entry fees, fellas do whatcha want.

Back