2015 ppl 2.6 rules

If you have enough of the pullers you run with now agree on the 3.0 rules instead of the 2.6 you will have 3.0 pulls in your area and not what you have now. Just because the rules allow something does not mean you have to use it. If your club is growing why not use a set of rules you can grow into instead of complain about having too much power for the ones you already have?

The ISF is always wed at 2 PM and draws a big crowd. The fairboard can have any event draw big crowds on the weekends, be glad theres a pull at all .

What are the bs reasons for DQ?

Have your 4-5 buddies plan ahead next year, the pull will the 2nd wed of the fair at 2 PM.

Oh, and I second the open driveline ideas, and pullers don't HAVE to go with them,but I'd rather spend the money once!

It's called a job... Not everyone has unlimited time off to come and go as and when they please.

Dan Marlow took off his neck brace after being unhooked from sled, but before he drove off the track... It was a bull**** call that jeopordized NO ONE'S safety....

If everyone is so fine with that why not build a 3.0 truck? Also most that are saying they want big rear axles or open driveline do you pull PPL clubs only or more then one club?

Longer drive to 3.0 events, like stated, a 3.0 charger would then be required, and bigger injectors, and a bigger pump.

3.0 isn't just a wheel and cover swap from 2.6, lmao!

It ends up about the same money either way (1 ton driveline or open driveline). I’m sure someone will argue that point, but you can buy open driveline parts used as well. There isn’t any advantage to open rear or open driveline. So you can change drop box gears depending on the track, no different than running a profab NV4500 and choosing a different gear based on the track now...

I’d like to see what ever change is necessary in order to minimize the time working on broken parts. Now that rears can be welded solid, r/p failures seem to be down, however they still don’t last. As Josh mentioned previously, mine crack after a handful of runs and then get worse from there. I’m on my 3rd set in 26-27 hooks and it’s due to be changed again.

If open drivetrain/rearend is allowed, you don’t have to run it.

$.02

Last edited:
I am in no way endorsing ODL 2.6 trucks, but just going to a big rear differential is NO performance advantage! And wanting a stronger rear differential does not mean they want drop box reversers, 3.0 turbos, and more fuel upgrades...

But that's just stating the, what seems to me, obvious...

We have Outlaw halfway local, iowa state fair and such, and 2 other small local clubs that I used to pull with, 2 years after I went ODL, they wanted to go backwards from 3.0 to 2.6... I was on the board of one club and was perfectly OK with them doing what's "best" for truck numbers, needless to say, it's still pretty much the same guys I took a vote with making regular hooks, one of them being the gentleman that started this thread. Others have come and gone, few are committed to the kind of money it takes for 2.6 or 3.0...

I have people, locally, ask me all the time "if I wish I would have went back to 2.6 or regret building a 3.0 ODL. It was by far the best pulling decision I've ever made.

I say we have been going about this all wrong. Limiting hp rules drive the cost up. It's motor sports. Make as much power as you want. Just divide it up into three classes. Stock driveline, open driveline and super stock like it currently is. It would allow rich people and non rich people to both be innovative in their own ways. It would solve tech issues. If a guy want to spend 250k to win the stock driveline that's his choice but everybody has a chance to spend their budget to try and compete with that cause you have room to be innovative. Instead of just the big budgets getting to be creative.

I will have them on this weekend. I just hope ive got enough life left in my clutch

I drove our our truck with a set on a few years back, probably only 12xx HP range back then, but clutch and pedal feel was smoother and more predictable. The truck came out of the hole smoother also...

I say we have been going about this all wrong. Limiting hp rules drive the cost up. It's motor sports. Make as much power as you want. Just divide it up into three classes. Stock driveline, open driveline and super stock like it currently is. It would allow rich people and non rich people to both be innovative in their own ways. It would solve tech issues. If a guy want to spend 250k to win the stock driveline that's his choice but everybody has a chance to spend their budget to try and compete with that cause you have room to be innovative. Instead of just the big budgets getting to be creative.

Disagreed, if turbo rules were open in all classes it would kill the numbers, IMO.

How would it kill it. There are so many good used turbos out there on pulloff and such but nobody can use them cause they don't fit. We are forced to buy turbos from basically a few vendors with custom machine work done. That custom machine work is expensive and what drives the cost up. I don't see how broader rules narrow down the people who will want to hook. The machine work expense also go for the rearends. If you want to buy 9k dana 80 from performance pros or if you want to spen 500$ on a semi rearend that's your choice. Both do the same thing but when you limit the rules it forces people to spend the money on the 9k rear end. It's evident the current way doesn't work very good so why not try something different? Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
How would it kill it. There are so many good used turbos out there on pulloff and such but nobody can use them cause they don't fit. We are forced to buy turbos from basically a few vendors with custom machine work done. That custom machine work is expensive and what drives the cost up. I don't see how broader rules narrow down the people who will want to hook. The machine work expense also go for the rearends. If you want to buy 9k dana 80 from performance pros or if you want to spen 500$ on a semi rearend that's your choice. Both do the same thing but when you limit the rules it forces people to spend the money on the 9k rear end. It's evident the current way doesn't work very good so why not try something different? Just my opinion though.

Imo There is no need for anyone to buy a 9k Dana 80 from proformance pro that's ridiculous come on guys you can build your own for under 3500 that work just fine just do your own bracing and homework

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

In the ODL class for example, the "Haisley trucks" would have a 2300+ HP 4.1 Limited Prostock tractor turbo that costs $6500+ and kick anyone's ass who doesn't buy the same, no one can buy an "out of the box" or off the shelf used single charger that will actually spool up and make that kind of power unless it is custom...

And someone could buy the $9000 Dana 80 and ProFab nv4500 and run an older Hart's or Columbus 3.6+ charger in the stock Driveline(old 2.6) class and clean house... When it stays together, and trust me, someone will and they will make it work...

That's right, that will happen but your not gonna stop that guy no matter what. It's allready happening. But still not everybody has to do it that way.

The amount of 3.0 classes around us and the amount of 3.0 trucks in the classes is pathetic. That's why we don't care to go 3.0. 2.6 is found in almost every club and is the biggest class. We were getting 2 hooks out of a R&P set tight, loose, in and out, cryoed, etc. Didn't matter power and traction was breaking the 4.56s. Now we run 3.42s in 4th (ZF6) and are living. Trans and Tcase is holding up fine. Allowing any rear axle is not going to add power. Just make the truck more reliable. Not bullet proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sled was set for the 2.6 class. I think the winner was 315 I let out at 300 and rolled to 325. Weight was 7600 and 24" hitch

Last edited:
Back