2015 ppl 2.6 rules

Not trying to be a butthole....were you hooking hard enough to stay near the front of the pack? How many top 5s?

The only reason I ask is that there's a top truck out this way who supposedly gets 2 passes per R&P and I just have a hard time grasping that.

Lol...a lot of first place finishes in our league in central Illinois. And only 2 times this year outside of the top five due to clutch issues. Not sure what ur trying to prove but it's a very competitive truck in Illinois and in the Midwest.
The thread was started for PPL rule changes...I have pulled with PPL plenty of times and I gave my two cents. If you don't have a dog in the fight I wouldn't turn this into a swingin dick contest...

Lol...a lot of first place finishes in our league in central Illinois. And only 2 times this year outside of the top five due to clutch issues. Not sure what ur trying to prove but it's a very competitive truck in Illinois and in the Midwest.
The thread was started for PPL rule changes...I have pulled with PPL plenty of times and I gave my two cents. If you don't have a dog in the fight I wouldn't turn this into a swingin dick contest...

Awfully cocky there little buddy!!

Lol I am simply stating the facts lil Timmy. He asked, I answered. Am I wrong?

Not trying to be a butthole....were you hooking hard enough to stay near the front of the pack? How many top 5s?

The only reason I ask is that there's a top truck out this way who supposedly gets 2 passes per R&P and I just have a hard time grasping that.

Mean while....Back at the Ranch........"The" top fpp truck is not eating R&Ps like tic tacs.....yet the pullers and officials accuse him of cheating to make to much power that's why they cant beat him.....makes perfect sense right makin to much power but not trashing drive line......:soap:

Mean while....Back at the Ranch........"The" top fpp truck is not eating R&Ps like tic tacs.....yet the pullers and officials accuse him of cheating to make to much power that's why they cant beat him.....makes perfect sense right makin to much power but not trashing drive line......:soap:

I know a 1700+ hp truck that would get more runs out of a r&p than the 2.6 1200hp version. Same truck, same rearend, same tires, same rear chassis. $hit breaks when you lug it. IMO

Last edited:
Sounds like your buddy should run the 1700+hp version with the same rear end to get more life out of the r&p. I know that I'm making over 1000hp to the wheels and haven't lost a r&p all year. Setting the truck up is half the battle IMO

I know a 1700+ hp truck that would get more runs out of a r&p than the 2.6 1200hp version. Same truck, same rearend, same tires, same rear chassis. $hit breaks when you lug it. IMO

X2 the faster you turn them the less likely the tire is going to get a hard bite.

Sounds like your buddy should run the 1700+hp version with the same rear end to get more life out of the r&p. I know that I'm making over 1000hp to the wheels and haven't lost a r&p all year. Setting the truck up is half the battle IMO

Guess he should have used the 4.1 that was on it for non protrusion 2.6...seems to be the thing to do these days.

I'm just a regular guy here I wouldn't know, but I'd say the shortwheel base is why it doesn't break them! Or maybe the 4.1 charger hell let's call it a 4.3, cause everyone thinks they know but I can promise you, your not even close with your guess, but here's a clue. B.i.g. Never spelled b.a.d. Lmao not sure myself, maybe it's just the simple fact the best guy in the business does my rears and driveline! Guess some people never realized how close Latrobe is to Greensburg. Hey when your good........ Your GOOD! :eek:wned:

Last edited:
I'm just a regular guy here I wouldn't know, but I'd say the shortwheel base is why it doesn't break them! Or maybe the 4.1 charger hell let's call it a 4.3, cause everyone thinks they know but I can promise you, your not even close with your guess, but here's a clue. B.i.g. Never spelled b.a.d. Lmao not sure myself, maybe it's just the simple fact the best guy in the business does my rears and driveline! Guess some people never realized how close Latrobe is to Greensburg. Hey when your good........ Your GOOD! :eek:wned:

Im not knocking anyone at all. If you can run it ..well than run it!! I was using that as an example of rpms carried down the track is helping the r&p last. Its is obvious the truck spins out harder than any truck in the class. Sounds like it MIGHT drop 300rpms on the big end while blowing the tires off.

Last edited:
Im not knocking anyone at all. If you can run it ..well that run it!! I was using that as an example of rpms carried down the track is helping the r&p last. Its is obvious the truck spins out harder than any truck in the class.

Thanks but nothing what it seems and I think few other people are learning this now with there check books and credit cards, spending big $$$ on chargers thinking bigger is better and a turbo makes a pulling truck. Not sure it was the answer. But I also agree keeping the rpms up in the horsepower mark helps, when they drop to the torque mark that's what makes trash outta a driveline, and blocks!

Lighten up Francis! No swinging.

It was a fair question and you answered it fairly. Carry on.

This is getting old people *****ing they cant keep the rear axle together and want open rear axle. If have that much of a problem jump up to 3.0 isn't that the point of different classes to pull? A lot has to do with setup and duals. Not that the duals will go away but don't you think if you went to single wheel we would see less breakage? Also think about it go to open rear axle whats the next thing to break? transfer cases? transmissions? Then people will whine need drop box and reversers cause there breaking everything thing else. So where does it end when people will be like oh **** maybe I should just build a 3.0 and be done with the drive line problems

This is getting old people *****ing they cant keep the rear axle together and want open rear axle. If have that much of a problem jump up to 3.0 isn't that the point of different classes to pull? A lot has to do with setup and duals. Not that the duals will go away but don't you think if you went to single wheel we would see less breakage? Also think about it go to open rear axle whats the next thing to break? transfer cases? transmissions? Then people will whine need drop box and reversers cause there breaking everything thing else. So where does it end when people will be like oh **** maybe I should just build a 3.0 and be done with the drive line problems

X2000

It will never end if we let rules keep.going we have reached the hp level that is a one ton can't handle good!!! I don't have to spend another 5k for a new turbo next year. Learn to set your truck up so it hooks smooth and loads the front of the truck harder that will take more load off the rear. Pullers created this issue so we have to deal with it so maybe you have to spend $400 for a new r&p and bearings every 10-15 hooks so what its part of it suck it up!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

the way I look at these "rules threads" every year is there's always people that want to build the rules to fit their needs. Just cause you can't seam to make a r&p last longer then 2 hooks doesn't mean everyone can't. You ve got some of the heavy hitters of PPL saying they're not having problems keeping theirs together. Instead of blaming your 1 ton driveline and insisting you need a big rear, how bout you figure out what's causing your breakage wether it's the way your setting up the gears or even chassis setup. Just my .02

How Does an open rear end make transfer cases and transmissions break?

BC their is always going to be a weak link transfer case and transmission are next inline to break people are trying tcases up now

BC their is always going to be a weak link transfer case and transmission are next inline to break people are trying tcases up now

I disagree. A rear end swap would have nothing to do with breaking transfer cases and transmissions. They are holding together Just fine for the guys who swap the r&p before they break.

Think about it.

My train of thought...
If a Dana 80 never breaks because Bob changes his r&p every 8 hooks, is no different than Bobs open rear end never breaking.

I guess the point I'm trying get across is when you put a big rear in someone will find a way to make more power then you will be breaking trans case

Back